It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

NoHellokitty HB User
Dermatofibroma Removed

I am a 23 years old girl. I had several small bumps grown over the past 6 years on my body. Right now one on my back, one on my thigh and one on my left forarm.

There were a few more but they disappeared sometime in the past but I can't remember when.

The one on my left forearm is the most bothersome. It's been there for I think at least 3 years. It's brownish in color, quite elevated from my skin, however it's not growing at all over the past 2 years. But it is stingy, sometimes itchy. I guess it pressed some of the nerves underneath or something. It's also very visible, people started to ask me what it is and it's kinda embarrassing.

I like sleeping on my stomach and I have to put my arm under my body at the same time, the bump prevents me doing that because it is quite painful and stingy when I press against it.

So I just had the one on my arm removed 2 days ago, too bad it's not covered by my insurance. I didn't expect the scar to be horrible, but when I ripped the bandage, it scared me a little bit. Since most of the bump is deep, when they removed it they took out quite something under the skin so right now my arm doesn't look flat... I have four stitches and they are black! My mom says the stitches look like hair... ew

I'm getting the stitches removed next wednesday, and hope that it won't look so unflat afterwards, or at least improve over time.

Kinda worried though...Anyone had similar experience? How's the scar?

I'll post the pictures after the stitches are removed.

Last edited by NoHellokitty; 04-15-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread