It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

kim28 HB User
Post Getting Rid of Granuloma Annulare

Hi! I am posting this in the hopes that it might help some of you out there who suffer from GA. I have had GA sense I was a little girl. I had it first on my ankle then it went to my back. My mom took me to the dermatologist and when they finally found out what it was they gave me some cream and it went away my mom said, I was really little so I don't remember much of it except going to the dermatologist. Anyway it stayed away for a really long time until I was about 23 yrs old. It came back on my back and on my stomach. I starting using a steroid cream which it help but the spots would only stay away for a short time. Then I started to lay in the tanning bed and the spots went away and stayed away until after I had my second son at 25 yrs old. It came back this time under the top part of my arms and really bad on my right foot and on my left ankle. So I again recently have started to lay back in the tanning bed and it's been 2 wks and I can tell a difference the spots are getting lighter and seem to be going away again. I hope this info helps some of you out there that aren't seeming to get the results you want from medicine.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: Getting Rid of Granuloma Annulare

Thanks for this! I have had it for about 10 years now & have also been prescribed the steroid ointment. First of all I just got it on my elbows, but now it is all over my trunk, back of my arms & a bit on my legs. Far to widespread to be putting ointment on! It comes & goes in severity & when I get warm it can be itchy! I have just given up on it really- but bow I might ask about the tanning bed. It would be lovely to be rid of it! Thank you for the tip & I hope yours keeps getting better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
(male)

motersicklebum HB User

i've had GA since i was young. it was mainly on the tops of my feet, my fingers and elbows. i was treated with topical steroids which had minimal effect and UV light which worked on my elbows. it would then come and go but now it's staying. i got a little mad about it and tried some home remedies. one thing i did was rough up and area with 80grit sandpaper. i noticed when i did so, the area with GA took longer to heal than areas of my body that had similar scratches / wounds. so i theorized that maybe the UV light kills normal bacteria or other organic allergens on our skin that causes an inflammatory response. i've had bad allergies all my life so it's not hard to believe that my skin too might be sensitive and become inflamed as do my nasal passages.... to aid the healing, i'd soak a piece of paper towel in hydrogen peroxide and leave it on the sanded GA for long periods of time while i sat at the computer. this had some positive effects but still the healing was slow. so i decided to try some Triple Antibiotic ointment and the that seems to be not just aiding in the healing but is also making the GA go away! i had a really bad spot on the inside of my leg and the antibiotic ointment is having a dramatic effect. i can just barely see some redness when before it was red and inflamed. so i have stopped sanding the area and now i'm just applying the antibiotic several times daily. so far so good. i'd like others to try ointment and let me know how it goes. rub it in good. oh, i also had a spot on my left foot that lasted for over a decade and now it's going away!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
(female)

sarahbadera HB User

motersicklebum - its now been 6 months since your post, and I'm interested to know what is the current success report of the Triple anitbotic cream?

Closed Thread