It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

keloidsufferers HB User
For Keloid Sufferers - My experience (excision).

Hello everyone,
I am a young teenaged asian teenager.

I am aware that there are a variety of different individuals all over the world who suffer from keloids. [B]My heart goes out to every single one of you, but you are definitely not in it alone.[/B] I hope that one day, they find a cure.

I had a moderately large keloid on my left earlobe (at the back of it), and I have a smaller one on my right earlobe (also at the back of it). It was from a piercing that went wrong. I have two piercings on each ear, and I feel that my OTHER piercing on my left ear is growing ANOTHER keloid.

I decided to get my left earlobe keloid excised because it was getting fairly large - large enough to actually see it because it was hanging down. It made me really self conscious. It felt like whenever someone was talking to me, they were looking at my ear. It was absolutely terrible.

[B]Anyways, I recently got my keloid excised.[/B]
My procedure was on April 27, 2010. I went to a wonderful dermatologist, and I am praying for the best results. I started treatment with [B][U]Aldara [/U][/B] right away. I apply Aldara on to the scar once everyday at night. It is very drying, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to get rid of the keloid.

[B]I will keep posting to let you all know how it is going. [/B]

< edited >

Any questions? Any experiences with Aldara? Experiences with an excision? Successful ones?
Come share!

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-04-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Please do not post links to pictures or images. Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to keloidsufferers:
hani jaan (11-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread