It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
(male)

v00d00s0up HB User
Jojoba oil drying out skin and allergic reaction?

I've been using jojoba oil for over a year and the results from the first ten months were spectacular. I enjoyed the longest period of my adult life without acne. I used about four drops of just jojoba oil in the morning and evening and my face looked hydrated and clear.

For the past four months (coinciding with winter? I live in the bay area) my face has been excessively dry, and I've found I have to use more jojoba oil, and even if I use six or more drops a few minutes after it's absorbed my skin is flaky again and looks constantly dehydrated. If I blow my nose the skin all around my nose will begin peeling, etc.

Over this time my diet has not changed, I drink lots of water, I get tons of exercise, definitely use sunscreen. My stress level has increased, the seasons have changed, but I'm not sure what else is different.

I tried gradually adding a moisturizer (Nivea, Lubriderm, Aveeno) to the jojoba oil but each time I immediately get this horrible embarrassing pimply rash across my cheeks that disappears immediately after discontinuing the moisturizer.

Has my use of jojoba decreased the natural oils my skin is supposed to produce and made my skin dry? Is there something in the moisturizers that causes a reaction with the jojoba oil leading to the rash? Sigh. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread