It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
(male)

Dreamcast270mhz HB User
Excessive scarring

Whenever I get an insect bite or other breaking of the skin, I heal VERY slowly, almost taking two weeks and when it happens, I get extremely visible scarring, mostly on arms and legs. I follow a pretty balanced diet, occasional red meat intake and I have a small dessert several times a week, but not excessively, I eat lots of fruit and vegetables, and limited dairy (hate the taste of milk all the time).

Now, all of my wounds become somewhat inflamed and painful, especially at night. I can live with it, but I am beginning to get VERY annoyed. Can anybody offer me some insight

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
(male)

randomperson28 HB User
Re: Excessive scarring

Hello,
I have the same problem but not with insect bites. The correct term for the type of scar, or change in skin color, is called hyper-pigmentation. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist about prevention.

The problem maybe an allergic reaction to food or a cream/lotion that you are applying. I that cortisone cream thins the layer of skin, but I doubt it because the skin on the body is a lot thicker compared to the face.

They have creams to help the hyper-pigmentation such as bleaching creams and some other ointment that reduces the pigmentation when it is in as the new skin in setting in. There are also over the counter remedies such as lemon juice, vitamin c oil (E doesn’t help), but I would recommend doing research to see what works for your type of skin. A last resort may be a chemical peel, which is expensive, but I not sure how effective it is… thinking about doing it for my arms.

Bottom line is do you research.

Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread