It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
(male)

randomperson28 HB User
Scar removal- Silicon pad

Hello,
Do silicon pads, like Neosporin Scar Solution, really work to remove or fade scars?

Opinions please!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
(female)

NursyW HB User
Re: Scar removal- Silicon pad

As a nurse in a plastic surgeon's office, I have recommended ScarAway silicone scar sheets (like small fabric patches)to patients for years, as I have seen first hand the impact scarring can have on people and the benefit of ScarAway. I never imagined I would need to use it myself. After a shocking diagnosis, I had 2 surgeries that left long scars that were devastating to me. They both began to become hypertrophic (raised, thickened and stiff). I had taken very good care of the incision site as it healed, but scars and our bodies have a mind of their own. I began using ScarAway silicone scar sheets (7" strips) week 6 post op and the results in just 8 weeks are nothing short of amazing. I could see the change week after week. I have seen other patients' results, so I knew the potential, but when it is you, it is somehow different. My scar has already receded to flat and my natural skin color. One thing I would do differently...ScarAway can be used preventively to avoid this type of scarring. I would have started using ScarAway sooner, but I was preoccupied with my situation. So I am glad ScarAway works to prevent, and also to break down the scar after it has formed. I will continue to recommend ScarAway..with even more enthusiasm at work. Thank you ScarAway

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread