It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

Judy L HB User
premerin

I was forced to get off Premerin at age 62 after being on it for 22 years. Within 6 weeks my skin started brusing and tearing like tissue paper on my fore arms, from my wrist to three quarters of the way to my elbo. When i went to my Dr he said oh well it's a side effect of getting off the premerin. I'm realy angry, it looks like heck and hurts. I have to wrap my arms to keep from ripping my skin. Will getting back on premerin undo what is now done???

I had a hysteroctomy at age 31 because of endemetrosis, there is no history of uterin cancer in my family or breast cancer. My mom was on it untill she was 76 without any problems.

I believe it was done because of where premerin comes from, a lot of Dr's have a problem with this.
I there an alternative?? Please someone help me.

Judy L

Old 05-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: premerin

You could use one of the other oestrogen supplements, if your doctor is against Premarin, go back and have a talk to him, and explain how much better you felt while taking oestrogen

Using a bland moisturiser like Cetaphil Cream every day might help improve the condition of your skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread