It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

feelinglikeanut HB User
My face is peeling!

I read some of the older posts from a few years ago about ppl with peeling hands and feet; skin sensitive to dish soap, household chemical solutions, and wrinkly skin from soaking your body in water....I have had that problem for years, before I even hit my teens. I tried everything from soaking my hands and feet in a vinegar water mixture to slathering on cocoa butter and sleeping with socks on my hands and feet...Needless to say I still have not found a cure. It does not hurt. It just peels and the skin gets a bit irritated, tight and lightly splotchy on the palms and undersides of my feet. It comes and goes over the years. I am religious about lotion, cream, and light exfoliants. I learned to deal and just hope for the best.

Well here is the problem.. I have had a bit of a change in my life. Well a huge change actually I left my boyfriend of four years and it was a messy break up. I moved back home from a warmer clime to the north and the air is considerably dryer up here 8 months out of the year. And well it has spread to my face. Scratch that it has disappeared from my hands and feet to just my face. Slathering on cocoa butter helped, lotion would soak up too quickly and it would still feel really dry and tight. If I go out in the sun for just a couple minutes my skin burns from being raw or worse if i still have on cocoa butter it really fries! I have a bad habit of rubbing the dead skin off. So now I have developed dark spots on my skin where the peeling was the worst, my T-zone, around my mouth and chin. Summer is here and I really want to go out and meet people but this sucks! I never knew I was vain till this... Plus I am really worried about further scarring my face!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread