It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
(male)

Ian1943 HB User
Question Unexplained nodules on arm

For the past year my wife has complained of small nodules on her arm which are not painless and which seem to be growing slowly. She has had CT and MRI scans which show nothing sinister and has also seen a Consultant in Rheumatology, all to no avail. We suggested to the GP that the daily dose of Simvastatin (Zocor)(40mg) might be the cause of this, and whilst he did not rule this out, he did not think it likely. Having said that, he was not able to offer any suggestion other than to say, 'Come back to me if the nodules get any larger'.
My wife stopped the daily dose of Simvastatin for about 3 months or so but this did not clear up the problem. She has since re-instated the medication into her regime and the nodules do seem to be growing. Has any member of the forum had any similar experience of this problem or could anyone offer any advice.
Thank you.

Ian

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Trouble breathing and nodules... sarahs7981 Thyroid Disorders 1 04-08-2009 09:53 AM
Thyroid nodules found. Blah GodHand Thyroid Disorders 2 10-14-2008 04:56 AM
New and saying hi and so confused re goiter, nodules, TSH levels Whimsicalcherub Thyroid Disorders 11 10-08-2008 05:45 AM
Unexplained symptoms, what doctor should I see? Sandpuff Lyme Disease 6 06-10-2008 10:38 AM
Please interpret size of nodules--a 5mm nodule in both lower lobes of lungs! yanksgirl Cancer: Lung 13 07-20-2007 07:24 PM

Tags
subcutaneous skin disorders