It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
(male)

runagainsoon HB User
poison ivy rash + swelling

Hi,
I got a very severe case of poison ivy on Thur. Friday, my legs at my knees and lower were covered in the red, bumpy rash. Saturday, I started to swell and Sunday and Monday, the legs were so swollen, I thought the skin might burst. I got a steroid shot of some kind on Sunday, I'm guessing that will take a day or two to kick in, so far there has been almost no relief, but I'm being patient. I do have other concerns.

This morning, it seemed like the swelling might have been ever so much lighter. It's still quiet tight though and when I stand and the fluids feel gravity and start to compress it's uncomfortable. However, I noticed when I press on my shin, where a lot of the swelling is, there is an indentation that stays for a few moments. Does this mean anything?

Also, my left foot, which didn't appear to have to any rash, started to swell Sunday and on Monday was very swollen, to the point of being uncomfortable around my toes. The toes are a little swollen. Now, Tuesday, it appears swelling is moving down my right leg. There was a small amount of swelling in the ankle, but now the ankle is swollen and the foot is starting to swell under the ankle also.

On the left leg, the worse leg of the two, the swelling moved up from my knee to a 1/3 up my thigh during Sunday/Monday. I figured the leg had swollen out as much as it could, due to the tight skin, that it was spreading the swelling to deal. So that's how I picture my feet with the swelling, they're making room for the swelling that concentrated through my calf and lower thigh. If someone can tell me otherwise, I'd appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread