It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
(male)

xdenielx HB User
jojoba oil --> initial breakout?

So i've been reading posts about this jojoba oil and have read reviews online, and most people seem to report great results, but there are a few that attribute bad breakouts and/or bad [I]initial[/I] break-outs to the jojoba oil. None of the reviews and very few of the posts ive read online mention an IB...they mention great moisturizer helps acne skin looks great etc, but nothing about "oh hey this is gonna turn your skin into an oily mess for 2-3 month before it gets better" like a few posters claim..so i dont know what to think, and i want to get to the bottom of it before trying it. Ive had a very bad run with breakouts and dont think i can handle another explosion right now.

Should I expect an initial break-out when using jojoba oil, and if so for how long and how bad? Will this be as bad as an accutane initial breakout?

Last edited by xdenielx; 06-22-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: jojoba oil --> initial breakout?

The trouble is, different people have different skin, which is why there's no one acne treatment that works for everyone. What kind of skin do you think you have? Do you get acne because it's too oily? In that case you might need a deep cleanser for pores. Or does your skin get dry and irritated? If it's dryness, a moisturizer might help.

Just to complicate matters, people can be allergic to almost any skin product, too, which can also cause breakouts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread