It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

Artmaker HB User
Rash around panty line

I've had this rash from the panty line down about 4 inches on each leg for awhile now. At first I thought this might be fungal and used over the counter anti fungal creams. They help only slightly but have not made it go away.
(This has been going on several months now. I've gone though several tubes of various brands of cream.)
So I finally saw a doctor. He took all of a 30 second look and said probably staph infection. Put me on antibiotics. Generic Bactrim.
Now, I have never had a reaction to antibiotics before but after 4 days of this, I woke up sure I had the flu. Chills (in the middle of a 90º heat wave.)
Achs, stiff neck, nausea the whole bit. I looked at the paperwork that came with this stuff and sure enough. ALL are possible side effects. So I stopped taking them and called the doctors office. Of course they want yet ANOTHER appointment in order to see me. I said I know it's not good to stop an antibiotic in mid stream but this stuff is making my stomach turn. Don't care, I have another appointment on monday. Swell. As of last Thursday I've been off the antibiotics.

Meanwhile I start looking up staph infections on line. Everything I find says to diagnose a culture is taken. NONE was taken! How does this guy take a 30 second glance and decide what to prescribe?
Further, every description I can find for staph infection says there would be bumps pimples, ooze or some other form of discharge.
There is not. It's just red, slightly swollen, itchy and sore. No wound, no bumps, no discharge.

Are there any over the counter creams I might try? And what kind of test exactly should I be asking (demanding) I have done?

more.... this might mean something. I DO swim a lot. Lake Michigan in summer, pools in winter. I drive home in my wet suit but then immediately shower and change. Perhaps there is a cream I can use first? IF that's even the cause?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread