It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

Astone01 HB User
Red, non itchy patch on face

I am a 22 year old healthy female with good skin. About 2 months ago I woke up with this weird quarter sized pinkish-red patch on my face. It is located right below my left nostril. It starts right at my nostril and goes outward but it is only the size of a quarter. It doesn't itch (it never has from the start), it doesn't spread, and it isn't raised. When I press on it, it changes from skin color back to pink. It doesn't have veins showing in it so I know it's not a broken blood vessel. It was really red when I first got it and it was a little dry, so I thought it was dry skin and used a few different lotions on it but that just irritated it more and made it more red. I then tried neosporin for a week, polysporin for a week, hydrocortisone cream for a week, and I even tried my boyfriend's mom's prescribed antifungal cream and nothing has worked. It never burns or gets sore, it's just there. I have a friend who had a rash on her arm from being allergic to a plant and she was prescribed a cream with a steroid in it so she let me use some and I have been using that twice a day on it after cleaning it and it just stays the same. I would never have noticed it was there if it wasn't pink. I don't have health insurance right now so I can't afford to go to the doctor or dermatologist so I don't know what to do. It has been just about 2 months with no progress and I have no idea what to try on it anymore. I am in a wedding in 4 days and the only thing I can do is try to use cover up on it but it still shows through a little. I have googled every possible skin condition and looked up tons of pictures but nothing looks like it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread