It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
(female)

bergerjoint HB User
Strange red sores - please help!

I recently noticed a small, slightly raised red bump on my arm. At first I thought it was an insect bite, but in the last five days I have gotten about 20 more of the same red sores all over my body. There are a few on my arms, legs, back, and even one in between my fingers. The sores start out as just a red circle, but within a day or so I start to see a ring of dried and peeling skin on top of/inside the original red sore. They are smaller than a dime and itchy.

I have ruled out contagious infections (scabies, bed bugs, chicken pox) because the person who I sleep next to and live with does not have any sores. Other than the fact that they itch, I do not feel any other symptoms. I am 18 and not allergic to anything. I cannot find any pictures online that resemble my sores. They are not a rash and two never appear very close together.

Every day I seem to notice a few more sores have appeared somewhere on my body. The first sore is still on my arm and hasn't changed much since the skin has dried. What are all the possible conditions I could have?

Last edited by moderator2; 09-30-2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Old 09-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
(male)

bcnh HB User
Re: Strange red sores w/ pictures please help!

This could be a skin infection called ringworm. This is caused by a fungus and not a worm. The fungus only infects the upper layer of the skin and it starts as a red dot and slowly grows. As it grows the center clears and becomes scaly, giving the overall rash a ring-like appearance. This infection is contagious through direct skin to skin contact, sharing clothes, etc. You should go to a doctor and have this checked. If it is ringworm you will need a prescription for an antifungal skin medication like ketoconazole.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Strange red sores - please help!

Hi there has been another person recently who had chickenpox. If the other person who is there has no chickenpox they could have either had a prior exposure or the immune system is stronger or they may break out later on as happened with a relative of mine. Have a nice day! A dermatologist might help decide what it is. Have a nice day!

Closed Thread