It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2001, 10:33 PM   #1

sheray HB User
Why are my nails growing funny

Hi,
Can someone help me with this. My fingernails are growing strangely. When they get longer they look like
I crammed my fingertips against a wall and smashed them. They really look smashed down. They grow right
around my finger tips instead of extending out like they are suppose to do. Anyone hear of this before, and what
causes it.? I take all kinds of vitamins. I dont get it. When I was younger I did not have this problem.

Thanks,
Sheree M. PS. Its embarassing.

Old 06-28-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Why are my nails growing funny

You may be developing Nail Clubbing - (klub"ing) is a condition characterized by the splaying of fingers and toes and the rounding of the nails. In most cases, clubbing is a sign of a more serious underlying heart, liver, or lung disorder. It may also be a symptom of celiac disease, colitis, chronic dysentery, or other intestinal disorders. The precise mechanism of the enlargement is unknown, but if the cause is found and successfully treated, clubbing may disappear.

This condition is sometimes referred to as 'claw nails' which may also be caused by some systemic disorder. Any change in the nail plate is cause for concern as our nails mirror our inner health. Please see your doctor asap!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread