It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
Unregistered

swollen pinky finger

im not sure if this is right place to ask this but , my pinky finger is all swollen and hurts like you couldnt imagine! how can i relieve the pain? any one here know whats wrong with it? it hurts mostly on the left side of the finger nail. and makes my finger tip hurt alot. any help here would be greatly apreciated. thanks,
Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2001, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: swollen pinky finger

You may have an infection of the lateral nail fold called paronychia. Is it red in color as well as swollen? You may also have a small cut or tear to the nail fold where it attaches to the nail plate -- either way, it will hurt and be swollen. Clean the site with alcohol or peroxide and apply an antibacterial ointment. If it does not get 'better' within a few days, I would advise seeing a dermatologist. If it is the beginnings of a paronychia infection of the nail fold, it will require prescribed medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2001, 09:25 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: swollen pinky finger

thanks for your reply i apreciate it, you were right about my problem . i went to the doctor and he precribed antibiotics for me. so hopefully my finger will be back to full strenth by the end of the week.
thanks again

Closed Thread