It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2002, 03:01 PM   #1

AprilW HB User
dark skin on upper lip

I am 31 years old and 2 months ago I developed Darkening of the skin above my lip, no its not hair but the skin itself. I am not on any hormones but did have a hysterectomy 7 years ago. No one can seem to help. Can you?

Old 07-21-2002, 02:13 AM   #2

Itty Kitty HB User
Re: dark skin on upper lip

Hi,

I'm not sure about your case, but I have a few dark patches on my skin (kind of light brown and freckly) and my aesthetician says it's from sun damage. You can get fading creams from dermatologists and maybe even just regular beauty supply stores. I'm just going to live with them until they become darker. In the meantime I'm wearing an spf 30 sunblock to protect me from future damage.

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2002, 02:30 PM   #3
Inactive

JeanM HB User

This would happen to me while I was on BCPs and would be out in the sun. I specifically remember one time I came in from suntanning (which I never do now...only sunless tanners for me), looked in the mirror and almost screamed. I swear, it looked like I grew a damn mustache in about 2 hours!!

It's called melasma (or chloasma during pregnancy). Get some hydraquinone lotion. I believe you can get some over the counter, but for a stronger percentage, you may need to get a perscription from your dermatologist.

Old 07-24-2002, 03:54 PM   #4

AprilW HB User

Thank you so much 4 the info, I did buy a cream over the counter that claims to diminish dark spots, no results yet but its only been a week. Thanks again!!!! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Itty Kitty:
<B>Hi,

I'm not sure about your case, but I have a few dark patches on my skin (kind of light brown and freckly) and my aesthetician says it's from sun damage. You can get fading creams from dermatologists and maybe even just regular beauty supply stores. I'm just going to live with them until they become darker. In the meantime I'm wearing an spf 30 sunblock to protect me from future damage.

Take care.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 07-24-2002, 03:56 PM   #5

AprilW HB User

Thanks 4 the info!! I did buy an over the counter cream that claims to fade dark spots, I'm willing to try anything!!!! THANKS AGAIN
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeanM:
<B>This would happen to me while I was on BCPs and would be out in the sun. I specifically remember one time I came in from suntanning (which I never do now...only sunless tanners for me), looked in the mirror and almost screamed. I swear, it looked like I grew a damn mustache in about 2 hours!!

It's called melasma (or chloasma during pregnancy). Get some hydraquinone lotion. I believe you can get some over the counter, but for a stronger percentage, you may need to get a perscription from your dermatologist.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Closed Thread