It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2002, 11:13 PM   #1

nnany HB User
scaly rash on legs

I have many round scaly patches on my legs and arms, most about 1/4 inch or smaller. The border is very slightly raised, the inside is either pale or darker than my skin, and there's a tiny bump in the center. I had one patch like this for years, but in the past year, they've multiplied tremendously. They itch sometimes, esp. in the heat, and are unsightly. My GP said they were pityriasis and prescribed an antifungal cream, which did nothing. I have an appointment with a dermatologist - five months from now! Now in the past month, I've also developed an itching flat red rash at the base of my scalp, inside my elbows, my armpits, and my groin. I'm usually a pretty healthy fit person. Could all these be related? Anyone ever experienced something like this?

Old 08-22-2002, 11:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Re: scaly rash on legs

Tea tree oil is good for all kinds of fungal problems and rashes. In the book I have it says you can apply the oil to the area, or use a tea tree lotion, and the soap with this in it too. The test to make sure you are not allergic to it is to put a couple drops of the oil on the inside of the arm, if you are allergic you'll know it in a couple minutes. In this book they only talk about pityrosporum ovale, it's a type of yeast that lives on the scalp, the shampoo and the soap were recommended, but I would try a few drops directly on the area. Diana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2002, 12:29 PM   #3

stephbabie HB User
Re: scaly rash on legs

I had something similar when I was in high school...so many years ago now. My doctor called it...and don't mind the spelling....peteriasis rosy. I know that is not spelt correctly. Anyways, it was almost like chicken pox, but not. Very itchy little red bumps all over certian areas. Especially the armpits, private area - anywhere that is a hotter body temp. She told me it is from excessive stress, and normally you see this happen to university students. It just went away on it's own...with doing the same type of things to ease the itching as for chicken pox. I guess this maybe is a different experience than what you are going through. Just seems the name of the condition is the same.

Closed Thread