It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2002, 03:00 PM   #1

bull69 HB User
how to brighten dull/dry looking skin?

I just wanted to ask you guys what you use to keep your skin looking bright. Personally, a few hours after i wash my face with Neutrogena pore refining cleanser, it starts looking dull and dry especially if i go out in the cold. I drink a lot of water, take alot of vitamins helpful to the skin and eat a very balanced diet. I dont use a moisturizer though because my skin is kind of oily and they always make my skin look greasy. Should i start using a cream with AHA's or BHA's ? I know these creams exfoliate the dead skin cells but i read somewhere that it's not good to exfoliate your skin everyday.
thanks

Old 10-14-2002, 03:07 PM   #2

Jani HB User
Re: how to brighten dull/dry looking skin?

I am a firm believer in AHA.

You should exfoliate your skin. It gets rid of dead skin and it produces more collagen growth.

I personally have not heard it was bad to do it everyday. Somebody feel free to correct me.

My personal opionion is AHA moisturizer at night or during the day would be good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2002, 04:16 PM   #3
Inactive

AshLin HB User

I have oily skin also. I use a moisterizer every night that has vitamin C in it... it smells great, very citrus. I also use cucumbers or green tea bags on my eyes and face to refresh my skin.

I think you should look for a moisterizer specifically for oily skin. It worked for me, it has also reduced the amount of oil my skin produces by balancing me out.

Old 10-14-2002, 05:04 PM   #4

Jani HB User

Like Ashlin said, make sure it is for oily skin......

I use AHA Oil Free with SPF 15, because I have acne and do not need the oil. I also use Proactiv Clarifying night cream (this can be used even if you do not have acne) it has Salicylic Acid plus Retinol and I love it.

My skin care regimen changes all the time, but I do only use moisturizers, makeup, etc. that are oil free!!<p>[This message has been edited by Jani (edited 10-14-2002).]

Old 10-14-2002, 05:37 PM   #5

Jani HB User

There is also something else you could consider:

There are a lot of places online that sell the doctor strenth 70% glycolic peels. You would not start off with the 70% at first and neither does the doctor. You buy the 70% and they send you the acid reducer in the kit and you can make the 30% (to start with) with the acid reducer (direction to do that are included). I paid $78.00 for the kit and it does around 20-25 peels.

You do one peel a week or every other week to start with (maybe the first 2 or 3 peels do it every other week at about 30% acid you work your way up).

Glycolic Peels get rid of dead surface skin and produce new collagen growth. Therefore your skin will have a fresh appearance.

It's fast, easy, and inexpensive (compared to going to an esthesian (SP?) to have it done!

It's just a suggestion and my personal one at that. Like I always say: What works for me may not work for someone else!!!

Well you are probably tired of reading my replys on this subject. I just try to help people, or give advice to people that I think I might can help.

I know I appreciate it when people give me advice!!!

Good Luck!

THanks

Closed Thread