It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2001, 10:59 PM   #1

beckime HB User
Help! Perm caused hair to break at root-looks like bald spots!

I need quick advice as to how to treat my hair after a bad perm. It has only been about 3 days since I had my perm done. I noticed spots around my part where a section of my hair broke off at the root. It looks like small bald spots on my head!!! I really want to prevent any more hair from falling out. I bought some VO5 deep conditioner and I plan to use it tonight, but is there anything else I can do??

I also received a very bad chemical burn on my neck from this perm. What went wrong with this perm? Should I blame System Biolage for a bad batch or should I blame my hairdresser who seemed to do everything right?

Old 07-23-2001, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Help! Perm caused hair to break at root-looks like bald spots!

As a former hairdresser/nail technician (33 years), I would say to blame the hairdresser an dnot the perm. If you have a chemical burn on your neck, she left a solution soaked towel in direct contact with your skin, and all perm solution instructions say to change the towels as soon as they become wet with solution, and to keep it OFF the skin. As for the hair breakage? In all honesty, she either wrapped the rods with too much tension, or left the solution on too long, or both.

The damage to your hair is the responsibility of the hairdresser - end of story.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2001, 05:40 PM   #3

HurdlerJackie HB User
Re: Help! Perm caused hair to break at root-looks like bald spots!

I feel your pain i had the same problem when i got a perm a couple years ago. The perm looked great until i washed my hair. when i was taking a shower i looked down and i saw my hair falling to the ground. when i got out i saw that i was missing hair right in the front of my head. It looked like someone had buzzed the front part of my hair. It sure was a pain to try to arrange my hair so it wasnt noticed. The only thing you can really do is wait for it to grow back.

Closed Thread