It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2001, 09:20 PM   #1

madisdad HB User
water blisters on nose

about a year ago I woke up in the morning to find water blisters on the bridge of my nose. the blisters popped and oozed and spread from the tip of my nose to between my eyebrows. a couple of days later they began to dry up and scab over. i assumed it was a spider bite. ever since that happened about every three months the water blisters come back in the same spot and it goes through the same process over again. this is about the fourth or fifth time that it has done this and it always occurs in the same spot. a couple of days before the blisters appear my nose starts to turn red and to swell slightly. has anyone ever heard of anything like this? any ideas of what it could be would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-19-2001, 02:18 PM   #2
Inactive

AshLin HB User
Re: water blisters on nose

Possibly you have Herpes A... don't be alarmed, its about the same as a cold sore and you can prevent them from reacurring. That clear liquid that you say is water, might not be, the clear liquid holds the virus and that is how it is spread.

You can go to your doctor and have it checked out, they may perscribe you Zovirax, which comes in pill and ointment form. As soon as you feel the blister come on, you can take the pill and it will supress it from getting any bigger, and get rid of it very quickly.

Go to your local healthfood or vitamine store and pick up some L-Lysine. Take 500mg a day and most likely you won't have 'the breakout' happen again, but you need to take one pill a day. They have them at Trader Joes for $2.50... it's not very expensive. I have seen it in a lot of stores, so it's not hard to find. I have the same thing on my nose, I take L-Lysine, and I haven't had one in months. But I always have a couple zovirax in my purse just in case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2001, 06:57 AM   #3

madisdad HB User

I was thinking that might be what it was. are all cold sores a form of herpes? i have never had a cold sore before, just this. is it the same as the std herpes. i have no clue where i would have gotten it from. i have read though that you can have the virus for years and not even know about it until for some reason it is reactivated.

Old 07-22-2001, 11:39 AM   #4

donnahc HB User

<A HREF="http://www.aftershingles.com/phn.html#what_is" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aftershingles.com/phn.html#what_is</A> Try this web site, for shingles and feverblisters. May be helpful. I get fever blisters on my nose after a bad cold sometimes, maybe once a year or less. But mine does not spread. It is not contagious. Good luck.

Closed Thread