It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2002, 01:10 PM   #1

emarion HB User
ringworm on breast???

i have about a quarter size red scaly patch on my breast that my doctor prescribed lamisil for two weeks ago. it appears to have gotten less red but has not gone away. i am just curious, has anyone ever heard of anyone getting ringworm on that area of the body? i'm a little scared that i was misdiagnosed. also, i do have 3 cats, but how can i tell if they have it? thanks for any advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: ringworm on breast???

It could be feline ringworm. Take your cats to the vet. He will look for ringworm under a black (UV) light - that's the only way they show up on cats. The 'fungus' can be transferred from feline's to humans and back again. It is best to treat the cats at the same time you are treating yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #3

emarion HB User

I just called our vet and it would cost $75 just to look at all 3 of them. Is the blacklight you're talking about just a normal blacklight?

Old 07-19-2002, 08:11 PM   #4

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User

i have never heard of getting ringworm on ur breast but anything is possible i had ringworm on my arm it was a size of a nickel AND on my stomach..i dont how in the world i got it...BUT MY MOM SHE BROUGHT BLUESTAR...WOW IS THAT STUFFF GOOD ...ITS LIKE 5 OR 6 BUCKS!!
MY MOMMY IS A NURSE!

Old 07-20-2002, 02:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

The black light is usually a UV light and not actually 'black' like in nightclubs. If you have a friend that is a nail technician and applies UV cured acrylics/gels, you might talk her into letting you put the cats under her light. All the lights will have to be off and you will have to do itin a darkened room. If the cats have ringworm, it will show up as tiny circles on their skin under the light.

Yes, I have heard that Blue Star will 'kill' the fungas, but I'm not sure you should use it on your pets since they lick themselves all the time. If your cats are infected, they will continue to re-infect you, whether the spots show up on your breast from holding them, or elsewhere on your body where they may rub themselves.

Old 07-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User

anything is possible but i would think that a dr could diagnose ringworm without much problem..but if you think he could have made a mistake..call his office..talk to the nurse..have her ask him what is the difference between what you have and ringworm...dont be afraid to question him..if he is offended up this you need a new dr anyway

Old 07-23-2002, 08:33 PM   #7
(female)

gobbleduck HB User

My dog recently had ringworm and the vet told me an interesting story. She said a nearby pet store was having a problem with its female store clerks getting ringworm on their right breasts. Everyone was stumped as to how this was happening. It turned out that a few weeks previously the store had received some new baby hamsters. The girls were carrying the baby hamsters around in their shirt pockets. Sure enough the hamsters had ringworm. So yes it is possible to get ringworm on your breasts.

Closed Thread