It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
Inactive

Raven HB User
Anyone know how to cure flat warts on a child safely?

Hello, I wrote yesterday about these little bumps popping up just about anywhere all over my daughter, The school asked me to have her see a Doctor because they thought it could be contagious. Well I had her to the Doc( three different Docs yesterday) and finally the last one a dermatolagist said they are Flat warts. So from a Dx of keloids, to "I have no idea go to this dermatolagist asap" to a DX of flat warts. So I need info Please!!!! My daughter is 8 yrs old and they are really starting to be really noticable and now they are coming out on her face. I am scared mom. The Doc gave us a RX of Retinol A and even that is worrying me. He said it may work or it may not, he said they are contagious yet not something to keep a kid out of school because it isn't really contagious. So if anyone has had them or has a child with them, knows of any treatment that works or just anything please let me know. I have got a lot going on with my own health and now my poor little girl is getting these things on her and people say things to her. I do not want this to affect her in any negative way. But I want to find a way to help her. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone may have!!!!! Raven

Old 09-19-2002, 07:44 AM   #2

jazper HB User
Re: Anyone know how to cure flat warts on a child safely?

Raven, I know how you feel. My sons forehead was covered with flat warts. First be sure you go to a first rate derm. The treatment was very simple. The derm took a q-tip dipped it in liquid nitrogen and dabbed it on the warts, they formed small scabs and fell off in a week or so. The treatment left no scars. My derm had discussed the retin A treatment, they feel if the warts are irrited, your body will build a resistance to them and they will go away. This treatment can be lenghty and the retin A will make your childs skin peel and irritated. With a child it much easier to just use the nitrogen and be rid of them. There is still a chance they may return, but all you have to do is go back and get them dabbed with the nitrogen again. I am glad to report my sons warts never returned on his face. He did get some more of his feet and hands so we promplty had these removed. My son is now 17 and has been wart free for over 7 years. If you have any question you can post here and I will be glad to try to answer them. I wish the best of luck to you and your daughter. <p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-19-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2002, 12:32 PM   #3

angeltoopie HB User

My son (he's 5) had one on his face about a year ago and the pediatrician said it's o.k. to use an over the counter remover (the kind where you put the little tabs on and cover it with a round band aid) and it took about 6 weeks but it went away. Now he has aprox. 10 on both of his sides under his arms and the pediatrician said that I could try the natural way which is to apply Australian tea tree oil (Walmart $4.00, natural vitamin section ish). The label will say for cuts, scrapes and abrasions but it works for warts, too. It does smell HORRIBLE, though. It's labeled just TEA TREE OIL but in the smaller print it says the oil is from a tree or trees in australia, hence the name australian tea tree oil. Hope that helps.

Old 09-20-2002, 12:40 PM   #4

angeltoopie HB User

Also, I have been told by several doctors and my sons school nurse that warts are only contagious if they are broken open. Just being on your child they will not spread to other children but if they are scratched and broken open it can be given to others and spread even more on the person with them. Does your daughter have them going in some perticular pattern? Maybe they are spreading because they itch and she scratches which then gets under the nails and she touches her face, etc. Oh well, it's not so much that warts are there but what everyone else says about them. My son felt the same way, and when your child is embarrassed then it tears us moms to pieces!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
(female)

Satriana HB User

My 8 years old son's face was covered with flat warts. After 2 years of unsuccessful doctor treatments (in Canada) - he burned these warts with liquid Nitrogen, I heard about Tea tree oil. I just applied this oil on his face for 5 consecutive days (after washing his face with soap) and they completely disappeared!
I went back to the doctor to tell him about this amazing product but he didn't care!
Guess why?

Closed Thread