It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

seaduced HB User
Keratosis Pilaris, Bleach baths are working

I bet everyone who has keratosis pilaris like myself is also constantly trying new
remedies and products looking for even alittle relief . I know this first hand and have always been grateful for anything people suggest that has provided some improvement. Well I've found something that has made a 99% improvement in my skin. About 6 months ago I stumbled upon an article on bleach baths for children with eczema. It has really helped unclog the folicles and get rid of the red bumps. I'm not saying this is for everyone but it has worked for me . I'm not selling anything, just wanted to share my success story.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seaduced For This Useful Post:
sjb (11-07-2010), slenderella (11-07-2010)
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Keratosis Pilaris, Bleach baths are working

[QUOTE=seaduced;4618622]I bet everyone who has keratosis pilaris like myself is also constantly trying new
remedies and products looking for even alittle relief . I know this first hand and have always been grateful for anything people suggest that has provided some improvement. Well I've found something that has made a 99% improvement in my skin. About 6 months ago I stumbled upon an article on bleach baths for children with eczema. It has really helped unclog the folicles and get rid of the red bumps. I'm not saying this is for everyone but it has worked for me . I'm not selling anything, just wanted to share my success story.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Wow thanks for sharing your story! Did you check with the doctor to see if you could use bleach for that? Did the magazine article give you a procedure to follow? Was the magazine article written by a doctor or a patient? Did you dilute the bleach with water and wash it off thoroughly? I would like to know what your diet is like and if it has recently changed. Do you use cucumbers, artichokes, carrots, beans, peanuts, mangoes sunflower seed or butter, soy and canteloupe that are supposed to be good for skin ? Cabbage is said to contain the element sodium choride. Now I want to know if you use much of it.

Do you reduce or eliminate things like chocolate, milk, saturated fats, refined baked goods alcoholic beverages, additives, spices, shellfish, fish, meat, eggs, cured cheeses honey or possibly gluten?

My mother was told a long time ago that if bleach was applied to the skin within 20 to an hour minutes of exposure to the oils of poison ivy that you would not get the poison ivy rash. We used that as a family until one day she got a chemical burn on herself from not washing all of it off accidentally afterward. Soap can be used to remove the oils of the poison ivy off. I was just sharing that, I know you don't have poison ivy.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by sjb; 11-07-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
(female)

seaduced HB User

Regarding the article, we can't post url here but just do a search. You will see the bleach baths for eczema has been written up by the Mayo clinic and a whole host of other legitimate organizations. I have also heard of people improving their condition by swimming frequently in pools due to the chlorine. If it's okay for people with eczema, I thought maybe it would help my KP. If you told me putting peanut butter and jelly on my skin would help, I'd try that too ! Plus this is how treatments are discovered many times. Rogaine was developed to treat hypertension not hair loss but they found it worked. Anyway, sorry to ramble...
I put a small amount of bleach in a full bathtub of water. Have been doing this approx 3 times a week for past 6 months. I noticed results within the first week. Again I'm not telling anyone to do anything. Just stating what has worked for me.
Re: Diet. I do agree diet can help or worsen many conditions but I've had KP my entire life and nothing has made a difference like this has. I haven't changed anything else. Also never had posion ivy.
Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she is okay.

[QUOTE=sjb;4618691][COLOR="Blue"]Wow thanks for sharing your story! Did you check with the doctor to see if you could use bleach for that? Did the magazine article give you a procedure to follow? Was the magazine article written by a doctor or a patient? Did you dilute the bleach with water and wash it off thoroughly? I would like to know what your diet is like and if it has recently changed. Do you use cucumbers, artichokes, carrots, beans, peanuts, mangoes sunflower seed or butter, soy and canteloupe that are supposed to be good for skin ? Cabbage is said to contain the element sodium choride. Now I want to know if you use much of it.

Do you reduce or eliminate things like chocolate, milk, saturated fats, refined baked goods alcoholic beverages, additives, spices, shellfish, fish, meat, eggs, cured cheeses honey or possibly gluten?

My mother was told a long time ago that if bleach was applied to the skin within 20 to an hour minutes of exposure to the oils of poison ivy that you would not get the poison ivy rash. We used that as a family until one day she got a chemical burn on herself from not washing all of it off accidentally afterward. Soap can be used to remove the oils of the poison ivy off. I was just sharing that, I know you don't have poison ivy.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Last edited by seaduced; 11-07-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

[QUOTE=seaduced;4618751]Regarding the article, we can't post url here but just do a search. You will see the bleach baths for eczema has been written up by the Mayo clinic and a whole host of other legitimate organizations. I have also heard of people improving their condition by swimming frequently in pools due to the chlorine.

[COLOR="Blue"]I see, I learned in chemistry class that chlorine is toxic and that was one of the reasons I wondered about it.[/COLOR]

If it's okay for people with eczema, I thought maybe it would help my KP.

[COLOR="blue"]I am glad it helped. I wonder how it is on long term health.[/COLOR]

If you told me putting peanut butter and jelly on my skin would help,

[COLOR="Blue"]No I am not suggesting that on the skin, And jelly probably aught not to have citric acid in it and maybe should be homemade fruit with no real sugar but maybe freshly made apple juice or other fruit juice and a little cornstarch or other thickener.[/COLOR]

I'd try that too ! Plus this is how treatments are discovered many times. Rogaine was developed to treat hypertension not hair loss but they found it worked. Anyway, sorry to ramble...
I put a small amount of bleach in a full bathtub of water. Have been doing this approx 3 times a week for past 6 months. I noticed results within the first week. Again I'm not telling anyone to do anything. Just stating what has worked for me.
Re: Diet.

[COLOR="blue"]I really did want to know which foods you use and avoid if you are interested in telling me, but if not I understand.[/COLOR]

I do agree diet can help or worsen many conditions but I've had KP my entire life and nothing has made a difference like this has. I haven't changed anything else. Also never had posion ivy.
Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she is okay.[/QUOTE]

Old 11-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
(female)

seaduced HB User

Please don't think I was avoiding your food question, I wasn't, I really just do not pay any attention to my diet, I eat everything you mentioned except cabbage. I haven't made any changes.
Re life long effects? who knows I might get hit by bus tomorrow.
Every other house in FL has a pool though and people seem to be okay, but who knows you may be on to something.
I can find research telling me not to hold a cellphone next to my ear, or
the effects of hair dye on my brain but I use both.
We all make our choices. I'm not here to convince anyone. If anyone wants more info from me, just PM me.

The Following User Says Thank You to seaduced For This Useful Post:
sjb (11-07-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

HI There I am wondering if you are still doing well and I am wondering if you use salt? Have you begun any cabbage?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
(female)

Lynae1976 HB User

My daughter has KP. I'll have to try this. I'm wondering if it will help me too though. I posted another question about the horrible bumps on my legs that are similar to KP but not. They're basically clogged hair follicles with dead skin & ingrown hairs & they're so bad that my legs are always bumpy & look awful. I wonder if the bleach baths will help me with that. I'm willing to try anything just to have smooth legs again!!

Closed Thread