It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

gellybabyXD HB User
Unhappy Red dots on calves - Not itchy, not painful

I've ruled out :
- its not an outbreak of eczema
- not chicken pox
- im not allergic to any food
- ruled out flea bites
- I'm clean and take showers regularly
- ive taken multivitamins to see if I'm not getting enough of a vitamin These bumps are not raised, they do not itch, I don't believe they're broken blood vessels because there is no pain . HELP! (: They're spreading from my calves and now they are on my thighs . . .
If i rub my nail over them, THEN they get itchy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0205.jpg (39.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0206.jpg (35.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 12-11-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
(male)

Thanos Roze HB User
Re: Red dots on calves - Not itchy, not painful

[QUOTE=gellybabyXD;4639872]I've ruled out :
- its not an outbreak of eczema
- not chicken pox
- im not allergic to any food
- ruled out flea bites
- I'm clean and take showers regularly
- ive taken multivitamins to see if I'm not getting enough of a vitamin These bumps are not raised, they do not itch, I don't believe they're broken blood vessels because there is no pain . HELP! (: They're spreading from my calves and now they are on my thighs . . .
If i rub my nail over them, THEN they get itchy.[/QUOTE]
sounds like scabies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Smile Re: Red dots on calves - Not itchy, not painful

Hi gellybabyXD. When ThanosRoze mentioned scabies a red flag went up. Reason is my husband is now being treated for scabies with Prethimin. You apply it head to toe overnight and shower the next morning. Story: he too had red bumps, but they itched like crazy! Whet to dr and he said flea bites. We have an indoor 11 yr cat who never had fleas. So he got some cream. A week later it was a rash and small bumps with some blisters on his fingers still with intense itching. Dr said fungus. So now he gets anti fungal cream. Week later bumps all over with intense itching. More cream and a pill. Now scabs(from itching) all over his body (my opinion, he is on the road to recovery) Dr. says scabies more cream plus the lotion. Now once you are infected with scabies it takes 3-6 weeks before you show any symptoms. Scabies, if that is what you have, is easy to treat with the overnight cream but highly contagious. That is why I dont think my husband has it because I DON'T have it. And if I happen to get it, I told him I will kick his butt! So I hope you are ok and it clears up on it's own. Take care of yourself.

Closed Thread