It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

shyshell HB User
Husband has Nasty staph infection... please help to ask dr. questions

my husband got this NASTY sore which looks like it is eating his skin...dr. says ist is a staff infection and gave him a shot, I forgot the name of the shot but she said it was stronger than penicillin...he says it hurts he has diarrhea,vomit and the redness is just spreading and the sore is black,puss and yucky looking....I think it is related to necrotizing soft tissue infections. can I be right and what do I tell the Dr.?
last night found two more pimple red spots on his leg and one on his arm. as the one on his leg got which turn real nasty and black/puss in a quick time.
what I found on the net:

Staph Sepsis
Staph sepsis generally occurs when the staph bacteria enters the blood and can be fatal.

Symptoms of staph sepsis are:

Sudden fever or hypothermia
The patient can feel extremely weak and suffer from diarrhea or vomiting and nausea.
Increased heartbeat and hyperventilation
Symptoms of other already affected organs become intense.
The other symptoms of sepsis can also be blood clothing, low breathing, and limited urination.

Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
Caused by Staphylococci bacteria, Necrotizing means premature death of cells and tissues. However, few other bacteria can also cause this disease.

Symptoms can be a red bump or red spot which gets transferred into painful black patch with the fluid pus. Interestingly, it can develop within an hour. The other general symptoms are similar to sepsis. It does get cured naturally and one needs to visit the doctor to avoid any fatal complications.

Last edited by shyshell; 12-26-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: added info

The following user gives a hug of support to shyshell:
sjb (12-28-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: My husband has nasty staff infection..details inside...please help so I can ask d

go to the hospital immediately!!!
let us know the outcome..please don't wait.

Regarding the diarrhea part from the antibiotics, give your husband probiotics.

I hope this is something that doesn't become too complicated.
q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
shyshell (12-27-2010)
Old 12-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

shyshell HB User
Re: My husband has nasty staff infection..details inside...please help so I can ask d

[QUOTE=quincy;4647803]go to the hospital immediately!!!
let us know the outcome..please don't wait.

Regarding the diarrhea part from the antibiotics, give your husband probiotics.

I hope this is something that doesn't become too complicated.
q[/QUOTE]

had oldest son take him in after my post....they sent him home with smz/tmp ds which is generic for Bactrim and omeprazole....I'm calling our dr first thing tomorrow..doesn't sound like they did their job..was too quick,

I am curious is it contagious?

Last edited by shyshell; 12-26-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: added was too quick

sjb (12-28-2010)
Old 12-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
(female)

shyshell HB User

call dr. in 30 minutes...

Last edited by shyshell; 12-27-2010 at 10:41 AM.

sjb (12-28-2010)
Old 12-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi it can be contagious and sometimes antibiotics don't help it can be resistant to antibiotics. I would follow health measures as well. It is critically important not to use sweets for survival in my opinion. I would also increase foods known to help survive infection. Sometimes the culture used is not adequate and sometimes the sensitivity is not done I would call the hospital and specifically ask to make sure the sensitivity part of the culture and sensitivity is done ahead of time. Have a nice day!

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
shyshell (12-30-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
(female)

shyshell HB User

UPDATE:

my husband stopped at the Dr. office after work and got our Dr. husband,which is also a Dr.
anyways the Dr. is calling the surgeon to have the staff infection cut out of his leg. I'll find out more when hubby calls me from Dr office when it is.

sjb (12-28-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi a school and a doctor once said that a knife can drive the infection deeper into the skin. As always the decisions are always yours. :sympathies:

shyshell (12-29-2010)
Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
(female)

shyshell HB User
Exclamation Re: My husband has nasty staff infection..details inside...please help so I can ask d

the Dr. called the surgeon and my hubby checks in today. ok I'm scared now, it can get worse being cut out? then why do they recommend doing it?

they will also hook him up to an iv and get antibiotics running through him.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Hi tears... I would be using a charcoal poultice and many a health measure with proper food for it instead but I fear the system has gotten so lawful they are forced to do things the way medicine has always dictated whether they like it or not. Sometimes no matter what is done or what meaures are chosen.... I would make sure no cake or other sweets in the hospital at least huh?

shyshell (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
(female)

shyshell HB User
Re: Husband has Nasty staph infection... please help to ask dr. questions

SJB he been to outpatient surgery and they cut,clean the staff infection out and they are getting ready to send him home when he's ready....Thanks for asking

Last edited by shyshell; 12-30-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added sjb

Old 01-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Re: Husband has Nasty staph infection... please help to ask dr. questions

Hi how is your husband doing today?

Closed Thread