It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

ao1914 HB User
Recurrent staph in children

This is in reference to my godchildren. They keep getting staph infections, and I want to know where they come from and, more importantly, if they can stop them from reoccuring.

It started when the oldest was 21 months old. He had to have emergency surgery to remove two abscesses on his right scapula. While in the hospital, he contracted staph, which turned into MRSA, which we were told was in his bloodstream.

His mother was supposed to give him extremely powerful antibiotics through his IV when he was discharged from the hospital, but she failed to finish to regimen.

After that, every few months or so, he would get bolis, mostly on his legs or butt, that his parents were told were staph. They'd pop it if it hadn't popped already on its own, and put him on antibiotics.

Then his younger brother started to get them, and also their mom. They know what they look like now, so fortunately they get medical attention when they occur, but it's always the same thing. Drain it and Septra.

I should note that none of them have ever seen an infectious disease doctor, although I think they should, especially the kids. Their mom has been told that the staph is always in their bloodstream and if they ever come in contact with it, they get a boil. The pediatrician's attitude seems to be that they'll always get these and there's nothing they can do about it. This simply does not sound right to me. Can someone provide some insight as to what may really be going on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

ao1914 HB User
Re: Recurrent staph in children

Thank you, MamaRose. I'm going to pass along this info to my godkids' mother. Can you tell me more about your expereince with this? I'm trying to learn all I can. So far, the baby has not gotten this, and I want to keep it that way if at all possible.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User

Hi ao1914,

The child should be taken to a doctor, and yes, any GP can treat this. It's not a big mystery at all.

This is normally called Impetigo. Impetigo (staph infection of the skin) is a common childhood disease because staph is commonly on skin, but it needs to be treated with antibiotics. It is spread by contact, so wash hands frequently and don't touch the sores or allow other children to contact the sores.

It's true that a prescription strength antibiotic cream usually solves the problem. But oral antibiotics may be needed.

I personally prefer natural solutions, but I wouldn't use wholistic solutions for any staph or strep infection. And [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]it is critical to always finish and use the antibiotic prescription as directed[/COLOR][/SIZE]. Otherwise the bacteria may be allowed to become resistant to the antibiotic, which is serious.

Also, anytime using antibiotics, make sure to also provide probiotics to restore the good bacteria balance.

Last edited by jillian4; 03-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User

I went thru the family thing like the mum and kids until the hospital treated us all at the same time, even tho my 4 year old daughter was the inpatient on iv antibiotics at the time for another staph infection...Id already had about seven, and my son had surgery once before to scrape his palm from the staph...on and on this went until the day in the hospital one of the doctors said 'are you all getting this from time to time?.we had, since moving into our new rental house." he treated us ALL with CLYNDAMYCIN antibiotic, I had to take this high dose fo quite a while, the box was quite large...we also had to wash in surgical iodine scrub, from the chemist, even our hair.wash every day in it, for acouple of weeks. wash all the linen, curtains and clothes 3 times in boiling hot water (I just switched the hoses over on the taps to my washing machine, so my cold wash was really hot, otherwise a normal hotwash adds cold in the rinse to make warm)...I just washed that way, worked through everything in the house, and kept doing it for about a month. Finally, get metho, or disinfectant spray, and clean everything in the house that people commonly touch - this is a big one, very important, clean the light switches, door nobs, taps, toilet button, cupboard handles, phone, fridge handle,, computer mouse, doorkeys, carkeys, anything that the germ can be spread from place to place by hands. we havent had it since.

The Following User Says Thank You to nightingale00 For This Useful Post:
kimmykat7 (08-25-2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 AM   #5
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User

another thing, it will continue to live in the blood, and keep popping up until u kill it in the blood, it is not just a germ, it is a living infection, and will hang around untill stamped out very firmly...I had tried colloidal silver, drinking, and topical, I had tried MMS, that should have worked, I tried garlic poultices, and onion poultices (that was good for pain tho), I tried drawing ointment, metho, detol....the antibiotics finally kicked it, just take a probiotic at the same time to balance your body and protect from the harm antibiotics can do...

Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
(female)

ao1914 HB User

Thank you all very much! I'm going to relay all this info to the children's mom and hopefully get this reoccurring problem fixed for good.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #7
(female)

another thing I forgot to mention is that the germ predominantely likes to reside in the back of the nose/throat, so be especially vigilant with nose picking for kids, and cold and flu times where substances from that area are likely to come to the for...use lots of antibacterial hand wash for the family...I kept some in my hand bag, bathroom, and kitchen and was almost OCD about using it, but I was trying to break the cycle, and I did after following all those measures that I mentioned previously..I joked to a friend that my skin would fall off I I kept up that hand alcohol rub, but ofcourse they come with moisturisers in themmm goodluck...devote a couple of months to working thru the list of treatments and cleaning, as it does work, and the staph had been going on for over a year by then, so it is the only way I found to beat it permanently...that was 2 years ago!

Closed Thread