It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

Michelle814 HB User
Itchy scalp

My scalp has been really itchy for the last month or so. Its mostly itchy at the back of my head. I went to the doctor and they did not see any redness or any bumps. They saw no lice or dandruff. They saw only one tiny area of redness that they said didn't look like anything . They told me to just wash with a mild shampoo for a while and hope that helps, and to take ibuprofin or allergy meds if its really annoying.

My head itches all day but mostly at night (5pm on). It almost feels like it is burning too, like if you had really dry skin and then put on a perfumed lotion that stings. Ive also noticed my back and upper body is more itchy than usual as well, but my head is the worst. It seems when I wash it, it feels better for a a few hours, but then get itchy as time goes on.

I did recently switch shampoo and have been using a Tea Tree Oil Shampoo (that I read helps with dry skin), but that didn't seem to do too much. I now stopped it wondering if that shampoo is what is causing it. So far, nothing has changed.

So, being the doctor didn't have any solid reason for this, does anybody here have any possibility of what is causing this? Its driving me crazy!

Closed Thread