It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
(male)

jl3283 HB User
Skin Rash

I started itching a few wks ago, and I only get this on my back and upper arm area. I have a pic listed, what does it look like? Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0414.jpg (56.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0415.jpg (44.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 03-27-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Skin Rash

How hot are the showers?

Last edited by moderator2; 03-27-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
(male)

jl3283 HB User

usual temperature, my family has bedbugs in our house like most do on the eastcoast nowadays which they're getting rid of but i haven't found any in my bed

Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi has a professional determined that the rest of the house truly has them?

A dermatologist can help a person be sure it is not something else.

Exactly what things have been done to eliminate the bed bugs?

Old 03-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
(male)

jl3283 HB User

not yet, what does this rash look like it might be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0416.jpg (44.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by jl3283; 04-13-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Hi is the answer not yet applying to all the questions and if so why the suspicion of bedbugs?

Old 04-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
(male)

jl3283 HB User

here's some new images
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vepvuq.jpg (17.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 04-10-2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi bedbugs are becoming a problem to several cities and the problem seems to be growing, one might do all the research possible on this problem. Some wealthy people have paid professionals without results according to reading so the more learning done the better. Some people say nothing works, others encase their mattresses in plastic, put sticky tape on zippers, put vaseline on bed legs and they try olive oil for the body and hair (not recommended long term since the body needs to breathe and let out waste through the skin).

Some people use salt and baking soda or boric acid swept out on the floor and left there a couple weeks or so and vacuumed up and redone later. Steam vacuuming seem to help some especially on all beds and the furniture and cracks in it and under beds and furniture, basically everywhere.

The bugs can live anywhere and may eat plants, wood as well as human blood. They may travel long distances and live a long time without food. Cracks in walls, floors, ceilings may need sealing. Some people use things like hot pepper tea as a spray or wash and others use thyme oil or lemon peel tea. (of course one will need to consider the effect on furniture and everyone makes their own choices in life) Some people wash clothes in hot water and borax with salt. Some people try to relocate without results because they go with the people. They recommend not getting rid of mattresses it often merely moves the bugs to more people. I have a long list of things others try but I have put some of the more natural and hopefully cheaper measures here. If more of it is desireable let me know. The bugs can be the size of an apple seed as adults or nearly invisible as babies. The mattresses may have blood stains on the bottom of it or somewhere in the cracks.

Perhaps a person can try thyme tea drinking every few hours and use a little in the food. I would be interested to know what is tried and if it works.

Last edited by sjb; 04-11-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: addition made

Closed Thread