It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
(male)

markh85 HB User
Abscesses on upper inner thigh

I've had recurring abscess problems on my upper inner thigh/groin area for several years. I've never dealt with them, I've just grit my teeth and just waited for them to go away. I've also refrained from looking at what was going on down there a lot, but sometimes I feel it burst and sometimes it just hardens, starts to itch, and eventually subsides. While I was always concerned, I never did anything about it because I was just too scared to go see a doctor about it. I know, completely stupid and irrational, but that's me.

They used to occur more frequently, but in the last couple of years I got them maybe once or twice a year. I have marks all over that area, they're mostly just brownish-red bumps/discolorations. It also feels in some parts that my muscle/fat/tissue/whatever seems indented or something. I'm also worried about the smell of the area too, it doesn't seem like normal sweat caused smell.

Are these scars/marks normal for untreated abscesses? Can untreated abscesses cause fungal infections or other kinds of infections in my groin/genital area?

Last edited by markh85; 04-02-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Abscesses on upper inner thigh

If uncared for in some manner either by natural health measures or by allopathy one day they could result in loss of life from untreated infection. A good licensed herbalist who does not bother with acupuncture might be someone who could be visited more comfortably. I find acupuncture to be useless in my opinion, sometime antibiotics are not that helpful in some cases especially if the problem has been there a long time anyway.

Health measures aught to be started right away. Things like eating citrus fruits sweet peppers, potatoes and a wide variety of other foods. A daily walk in sunshine and fresh air aught to be done. Plenty of water should be taken in such as 6.25 cups of water for every 100 pounds of body weight. A regular 8 hour a night sleep schedule should be maintained in my opinion. All alcohol and food additives and chemical substances aught to be kept out of the body. The house and body should be kept clean a daily bath and thorough drying afterwards might be good. What types of food are used? Sometimes too much sulfur intake is said to cause a boil problem. Peace.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

LolaMadeline HB User

You might check into acne inversa, or hydradenitis suppurativa. It is infected lumps often in the underarm, groin, and buttock area. The boil/abscess can tunnel under the skin and have several openings. People have had success using turmeric, a spice. HTH.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi yes fistulas can develop from these and bowel movement can enter them. At least one person has successfully blocked bowel movement from these tunnels, did hydrotherapy on the outside and it healed up.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
(female)

LolaMadeline HB User

Acne inversa is not connected to the GI tract. Thank goodness, as hydradenitis suppurativa is enough of a problem on its own.

Closed Thread