It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

LBHGMH88 HB User
Rash in same spot that appears every couple months.

Im 23 and have no current medical problems or take any medications.
In Septmember 10, I got back from the lake and had a rash about the size of a quarter on my backside, I thought it was a bite or something that I had gotten into and brushed it off. It had several small pus filled bumps, and very itchy. Then scabbed over and went away. Well Then in December 10, it came back, in the same place... same size and everything. This time accompained with a small lump on the ingunal crease that hurt when pressed on. But again, it went away. This last about 2 weeks from start to finish. Now, April 2011, it came back in the same spot! Same thing, with the ingunal lump... and then just as it was scabbing over, another spot appeared right next to it! Its very itchy and embarassing!
I am not sure what to think of this and have a very busy schedule to go to the doctor. Should I be worried?
I was told maybe shingles, but isnt that all over the body? and a one time thing?
Pease Help!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

um011 HB User
Re: Rash in same spot that appears every couple months.

Shingle appears on one side of the body following a nerve path ( usually the back, neck, face, or one of the arms (only one side)).

I'll describe my experience so see if it helps you see any similarities.

I first noticed pain in my arm, almost like muscle soreness but it seemed to be pulsating (this is because the pain is actually from the nerves not the muscle). A few days later a patch of red appeared and then it spread a bit more (looking like a snake). The red area first itched but then burned and I couldn't touch it. A day later the outbreak started with little lumps. I went to the doctor got some awesome meds and waited for the outbreak to be done.

The pain is horrible, you feel this pulsating pain and its combined with the burn of the outbreaks. Finally the outbreaks burst, and then heal (very itchy process). It took me 3-4 weeks with lots of pain.

Your experience sounds like shingles, but I'm no doctor. The outbreaks of shingles are very unique, any doctor can diagnose you at this point. I'm surprised you don't describe more pain, since it's a big part of shingles. It's usually caused by stress or low immune system. Go to your doctor multiple shingle outbreaks at your age might indicate something else is wrong with your body resulting low immune system. Busy schedule does indicate a lot of stress, be careful. Lucky you if you have shingles and almost no pain, I couldn't even move my arm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread