It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
(male)

Coovargo HB User
Skin Rash/thing spreading

Well hello everyone. First times using these forums. I'm a male, 21 years old, and white. Well, here's the thing. I've had this, skin rash/thing for the last, about, a year or so. It started, on my right forearm on the light side, there was just one, rather large spot. Then, it began to have friends show up around it, more spots. They usually didn't get to far, usually an inch, maybe. Then one day I guess they jumped to my torso, and started climbing up my arm, and I think I've figured it to be some sort of spreading contact dermatitis. None of it is appearing on my face. It seems to refuse to go there. As for the initial patch, it is gone at this point. I rubbed like, a ton of lotion on it daily like 6 months ago, and gave up. About a month after i gave up the patch went away, and everything near the original patch basically evened out. But it has spread to other areas, and the new patches are larger than the original.

There is no itch, pain, bleeding etc. Well, as for the itch, 99.9% of the time. I had one day where a patch got a little elevated, and began itching, but that could have been brought on by a mosquito bite or something else.

The pictures can't show the full detail, because I just got out of the shower, but they do shed skin a little (As in, those little white specks you see over dry skin.).

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this was. I was thinking Pityriasis rosea. Now here's the thing I know about it, it lasts 4-8 weeks, sometimes 12. It's been 11 months, and it's still there. Are there extremes? Or something I'm not aware of this condition? Or could this be something else? All else with me is fine. No yellow skin, blood problems, fatigue (I must admit i do have occasional headaches brought on by too much salt.), etc. Any comments greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-19-2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread