It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

phoenix87 HB User
hyperpigmentation

hello, well my first time writing here, im 23yr old female, lighter skinned hispanic (vida guerra skin color if i had to pick one) and im 5'3 110lb. type 1 diabetic since 8 and controlled. theres my stats anyway i notice in my teens i had some discoloration in my inner thighs to private area about 2-3 shades darker than the rest of my skin and maybe 1 shade darker under my arms. no discoloration in the back of my neck nor the back of my knee or any other area except those 2. my gyno said its normal as did my dermatologist and they said it doesnt look like acanthosis nigrans the said fold areas tend to be darker due to friction yada yada.... anyways ive always been very self conscious in bikinis and being intimate because other women my skin color dont have this problem and ive seen overweight women how have 10 times for surface area for friction and they dont have it either? i just want everything to be generally the same color all throughout or at least closer to it. i tried hydroquinone 4% for 3 months everyday and night and nothing happened, not even redness or peeling just nothing at all? i dont understand why it didnt work, the "home remedies" didnt work either and its affecting my love life because im uncomfortable about it.

is there anything else i can try to lighten up these areas, i red about monobenzone but im a little skeptical about it. and no i dont want to just accept that this is the way i am.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread