It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
(male)

dhkim2 HB User
how to "erase" scars from overt scratching

I'm not sure what happened, but I was in Pusan, South Korea during winter and all of a sudden, my legs became uncontrollably itchy. After that, I would become extremely itchy quite regularly. I started using lotion which seemed to help a bit, but didn't resolve the problem altogether. Even when I moved to Japan a year later, the problem persisted but with some moisturizers, it started becoming controllable.

I now live in St. Louis and after seeing a dermatologist about this he said the same thing as all of the other dermatologists have said... that I have VERY dry skin, but he offered a different suggestion of taking a bath with olive oil. This along with a generous daily application of cortisoid seems to have largely gotten rid of the problem. So I'm fairly content with the situation, but I still have 2 questions.

My question is two-fold:

1) Is it common for such a skin condition to all of a sudden become so persistent (3 years now) when I've never had such a problem despite this having been probably my 10th visit to Korea, and like I've said it persisted throughout Japan and even now in the States. I've had 2 comprehensive allergy examinations and I don't seem to have any strange allergies besides the usual pollen.

2) I've developed NUMEROUS scars alongside my legs. I have been moisturizing them separately for months now, but they show no signs of going away. I've had them for close to 3 years now since I first started scratching wildly back in Korea. The scars almost seem to be pigmentation changes, and frankly they're ugly and they cover the entire front portion of my leg. I'm starting to worry very much.

it seems to be "discoloration" or pigment differences more than anything else.

I'm open to any suggestions... laser surgery, creams, anything at all.

Thank you so much. Any illumination would be very very appreciated.

[ATTACH]938[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]939[/ATTACH]

< edited >
Attached Images
File Type: jpg one.jpg (40.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread