It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

RiderJen HB User
Burning sensation on/around nose

A few months ago I started having intermittent sensations (1-2x/day) of mild burning on my nose and around the edges; sometimes, it goes up a little toward my forehead but usually is confined to the skin on my nose. It comes and goes and lasts just several seconds. I don't have a skin condition (that I know of), the skin is not burned or red, nor does it have any visible signs that something is wrong.

I have had some new health issues lately and believe my immune system is under attack. Since late last year, I have been getting PT treatments for rotator cuff tendinosis/tears, which evolved into tennis elbow, and neither have improved at all after several weeks of physiotherapy. In March I came down with a bad cold, immediately followed by Shingles. On top of all this, I may have angular cheilitis which is persistent cracks in the corners of my mouth. In the past, whenever I had those cracks it was after weeks of stress, but it always disappeared within a few days by taking vitamin B supplements; this time, it disappears after taking the supplements, and flares up again when I stop taking them.

I am 54 and have always been a very healthy person and enjoyed an active lifestyle. I eat well and take no medications, and (as far as I know) have no known allergies. However, I have been under different types of ongoing stress for the past several years.

Back to the burning sensation on my nose --- does anyone know what that could be? I have NOT seen a doctor for it yet.

Last edited by RiderJen; 05-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread