It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

kell310 HB User
rash all over skin

For about a year and a half now I've had this rash that spreads across my entire body. My skin gets super dry and i get these tiny red bumps just about EVERYWHERE, except my face. Even my scalp will sometimes get them.I've switched to hypoallergenic shampoos, body washes etc but it didn't make any difference. I also started using hypoallergenic laundry soap and stopped using fabric softener altogether hoping it would make things better. I've been to the doctor a few times and on and off steroids. The steroids make them go away and it feels amazing, but not long after I'm done taking them the rash comes back. I don't have any regular allergies but this friday The doctoer has me taking zyrtec. I'm having a chemical patch test done on my back. I was wondering if anyone else has had odd problems like this and have any suggestions as to what i could do to ease the rash? It's extremely itchy and sometimes it's very hard to deal with. I'm attaching a picture of the rash on my arm though it's not the best picture. Please let me know if this is a problem anyone else is having.
[ATTACH]998[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]999[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: rash all over skin

Have you tried moisturizers? It might take some experimentation to find one that works for you. I use plain petroleum jelly, my husband prefers moisturizers containing dimethecone (check the ingredients on the back).

You should apply moisturizer immediately after you shower, as soon as you towel off. Try the stuff on one area of skin first. If that spot gets healthier, keep using it. If it gets worse, throw it away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: rash all over skin

Hello, It's amazing what you don't expect to work is often the thing that will.
My husband had a rash on his lower leg that almost drove him crazy itching. He tried everything including Steroid creams.( Aloe Vera Gel.) worked for him. We keep it in the fridge and as soon as the itch starts he uses it. No harm in trying it.
All the best, Solofelix.

Closed Thread