It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

kbudd107 HB User
Question Mysterious Rash. Itchy and Painfull

About a week ago, an area on the left side of my back (about half way down by my waist) started to hurt. It felt like I had a huge bruise but there was nothing there. Then, a few days later, the area of skin is all red and inflamed. At first I thought I had scraped it on something but I looked closer and saw that it was a rash. It is a localized rash (about an inch and half in diameter) and it's also very itchy. I am currently on antihistamines for my seasonal allergies but the rash is still very itchy even with that and cortisone cream.

It still hurts a little bit but not as bad as it did a week ago. Also, my left shoulder hurts and feels like it's bruised as well, but I don't see anything wrong with that area. But now I'm afraid that the rash is going to start there as well.

My mom thinks it might be poison ivy, but I'm not too sure. Any clue what this could be?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

Kay2005 HB User
Re: Mysterious Rash. Itchy and Painfull

Do you have red tiny blisters on your skin at all? And are the rashes just on the one side of your body (left)? If so, you may have Shingles like me, I was just diagnosed by a Dermatologist, I had similar symptoms like yours. I tried Cortisone cream too, Eczema cream, Calamine lotion, Benadryl... None of it worked. Try taking some Motrin for pain, and use Aveeno lotion or Vaseline for the itch, that's what my Dermatologist told me. You should try to get it diagnosed if the pain or itch spreads more or becomes unbearable though. Shingles can cause permanent nerve damage and scarring if it goes without treatment for a long period of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
rash