It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
(male)

meow459 HB User
Itchy back when leaning forward

For a few years now I've been getting a fairly intense itch in my upper back (around my shoulder blades) whenever I lean forward or bend over.

It begins within a few seconds of leaning forwards and becomes more intense the longer I'm in the position (eg. tying shoelaces, putting on socks, picking something off the floor... usual leaning forward type activities).
Sometimes it gets so uncomfortable I have to stand up and start scratching.
It tends to be worse in the morning just after I've showered.

There doesn't seem to be any external rash or actual skin problem and the itch actually feels slightly internal, as if it were just under the skin.

My guess is something to do with the flow of blood into my upper back when bending forward which... heats the skin there and makes it itch or something.
Maybe this combined with a mild allergy to my washing powder?.. (I've changed before to no avail)

By this logic I'd expect it to happen to everyone, or at least be fairly common, yet I can't score any hits on Google.

I've lived with it for years as I said and am happy to live with it for many more as it's no more than a mild discomfort. However, it would still be nice to understand the biology and by doing so possibly find a way to alleviate symptoms.

Thanks for your time,
Lawrence

Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
(male)

meow459 HB User
Re: Itchy back when leaning forward

Bump.

Any wild guesses?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
(female)

clarann65 HB User

I have had itching around my shoulder blades for years, but it doesn't necessarily happen just when bending forward like you have.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-18-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
(male)

meow459 HB User

Thanks for the reply clarann.

I sometimes get the itch just randomly and sometimes it doesn't itch when leaning forward but most of the time it's triggered by bending forwards.

Erm thanks mod for making it difficult.. I saw the link last night on my phone and decided to check it out in the morning...

If you're not allowed to link me to a rival healthboard then could you give me the name of the condition that was at the end of the link so I can research it myself?

Had an N in it I think... or was it a P?...

Thanks again,
L

Closed Thread