Granuloma Annulare - What are the trends?
I was "diagnosed" with granuloma annulare in January 2011. I have it on both feet, mainly on the sides of each foot, with a larger spot on one ankle. It developed November 2010, at which point I thought it was an allergic reaction to shoes I was wearing. I am in my mid-20s, am otherwise healthy, a normal weight, and have never had skin issues before. I also went to the doctor for a full blood screening, diabetes screening, thyroid and autoimmune screening (since I read both can be related) and everything came back perfectly healthy.
I am hoping we can put our minds together and identify trends causing this problem. It is extremely frustrating that no doctor knows what causes it. "No reason" and "it will spontaneously heal" are not acceptable answers. We need to get to the bottom of it!
Here is all the information that could possibly be related that I can think of:
- Developed late 2010
- First diagnosed health problem
- Seems to get worse/redder/more pronounced week before period; otherwise, it is light, especially when feet are lifted
- Seems unrelated to sugar
- Parent has diabetes type 2
- Recently became sedentary due to work-related stress & gained 15 lbs. in 1 year, following 6 years of being active
- Moved into a new apartment 8 months before it appeared (home caused me to begin coughing, maybe from dust, which I got over, and I learned it had termites 1 month into moving in; it is the most expensive complex in my area yet I would not be surprised if there was a mold issue)
- Do not smoke but used to smoke 1 pack / week
- Do not drink
- Do not suntan
- I have a dog, have had him for 2 years.
- I use sunless tanning spray but no other lotions.
- I use carpet scent powders when cleaning. (I seem crazy...but who knows what will click.)
- I rarely travel
- The doctor told me have a biopsy can sometimes cause it to sporadically heal.
Could eating organic make it go away? What are ideas for natural approaches to get rid of it?
I pray to God we can find a reason & a cure together! For those who have it, I am praying for you. At least we know it could always be worse! God bless.