It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 04:36 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Itching - broke out in small red bumps

Sounds like what I have but my doc said it is not bug bites. This is so weird.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

[QUOTE=gigi11;4768669]when you have hives, how long did they last? I notice my red spots are fading. When I wake up I still itch just a little but as soon as I take the pills the itching stops. I feel like something is crawling on me or like I have dry skin.[/QUOTE]

Depends on this situation. If I'm lucky, I take a good strong dose of antihistamines, and the hives are gone in a day, sometimes within an hour, if I catch it fast enough. But if they settle in and cause serious skin irritation, it can last weeks. Still, just keep hitting it with the antihistamines. It'll control the itching, and it should eventually wipe them out.

The following user gives a hug of support to janewhite1:
gigi11 (06-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

I did get my nails done with acrylic and after the fourth time getting them done - my hands kept itching. So I took the nails off. My mom said you wouldn't break out all over though just in the nail area. It was right after I got my nails done and then I broke out in the legs.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

If you're allergic enough to something, a contact dermatitis in one spot can actually trigger rashes all over the body. It's not common, but it can happen.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

So my itchie red spots are slowly disappearing and do not itch anymore. I am still on the medicine and this will be the 8th day on it. I notice I was feeling a little itching here and there but no red spots would appear. Then on the 7th day the itching disappeared. Yesterday, I was under so much stress and I never sat down for one moment and if I did my mind was racing with all the things I had to do. I started to itch two spots on my legs and one bump appeared. I thought oh know! That was it so far. I wonder if I wasn't on the medicine what else would appear. Anyway, I did notice my cuticle swelled up a little when this reaction happened. Thinking that acrylic is in my blood still. I don't have any artificial nails but my cuticles are taking a while to heal. It took a month for my moms to heal. The only other thing I did different yesterday was take fish oil pills.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

So it's probably either stress or a reaction to fish oil.

How often do you eat fish? Is it possible you're allergic? Could you try cutting it out for a while?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

[QUOTE=janewhite1;4773190]So it's probably either stress or a reaction to fish oil.

How often do you eat fish? Is it possible you're allergic? Could you try cutting it out for a while?[/QUOTE]

I never had a problem with fish or crabs - but they probably put other ingredients in the oil of the pills who knows. I don't feel the stress at times but I feel my mind is racing with things I got to do everyday. When I told my mom what I do each day, she said no wonder your tired. You think it has gone away completely but then it returns in a lesser form of itching. So you stress about that, thinking you have some disease.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, it might help to practice yoga or meditation a few minutes a day, maybe right before bed.

Whatever this is, you WILL figure it out. Even if your skin is always a little irritable, that's ok.

Closed Thread