HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Skin Problems (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/skin-problems/)
-   -   perfect circles that eventually bleed and go away w/pictures (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/skin-problems/852608-perfect-circles-eventually-bleed-go-away-w-pictures.html)

ooshie 06-03-2011 07:26 AM

perfect circles that eventually bleed and go away w/pictures

2 Attachment(s)
I've had this issue for 5-6 years ( I don't recall when it started). I went to 2 dermatologists, took one biopsy, tried a few treatments (anti biotics, ointments, light treatments), and the issue is still here. They also don't know what it is.

It started in my groin (ballocks), and moved towards my arms/legs. Now it's more prevalent on my arms then anything, and it's getting annoying.

This is what they start off looking like (in 3-4 days they get a bit larger) : see picture 1.

I want to say 80% of them go away after 3-4 days, but if they don't, they stick around for what I like to call cycle 2 ... and stick around for another 1-2 weeks until they go away. They start to form what looks like a boil (you can see the white around the red area), and then I have to peal off the top to let it breath, or it won't go away....which I just did, as you can see in picture 2.

Now after I do this, it will probably go away in a week or two, and become a red spot...they tend to leave small scars as well.

Damn they're annoying. Any ideas?

ooshie 06-06-2011 01:30 PM

Re: perfect circles that eventually bleed and go away w/pictures

Anyone have any thoughts as to what this is?

ooshie 06-18-2011 10:39 AM

Anybody have any thoughts?

Kathryn 06-24-2011 03:07 PM

Have you thought of mites? Try soaking in epsom salts and when almost dry put vinegar. This is only a temporary fix for me. The doctors want me to see a psychiatrist. They say I am imagining this and picking. I don't do neither. I'm fed up,

ooshie 06-24-2011 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=Kathryn;4785683]Have you thought of mites? Try soaking in epsom salts and when almost dry put vinegar. This is only a temporary fix for me. The doctors want me to see a psychiatrist. They say I am imagining this and picking. I don't do neither. I'm fed up,[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying!

What are mites exactly? These aren't imaginary, haha...they just appear out of the blue!

Kathryn 06-24-2011 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=ooshie;4785691]Thank you for replying!

What are mites exactly? These aren't imaginary, haha...they just appear out of the blue![/QUOTE]

They are very hard to see, however, I have seen a couple kinds demonstrated on websites on the websites I looked at. Since I have a compromised immune system. I read that I could be the host to all these things happening which include little bugs. Oh yuck, I hate this. It's so yucky to talk about but worse to write or see them. Try googling Dust mites or mites. You may find some other answers there.:wave::wave:

ooshie 06-24-2011 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=Kathryn;4785741]They are very hard to see, however, I have seen a couple kinds demonstrated on websites on the websites I looked at. Since I have a compromised immune system. I read that I could be the host to all these things happening which include little bugs. Oh yuck, I hate this. It's so yucky to talk about but worse to write or see them. Try googling Dust mites or mites. You may find some other answers there.:wave::wave:[/QUOTE]

I actually recall a conversation with my doctor about these, it was never an option he said. It's also not contagious, my girlfriend has never had them (living together for 3 years now).