It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
(male)

kingneptune117 HB User
skin peeling like crazy on hands

Hey all,

Been experiencing this for the past 4 days. Not sure what is going on with me. I have been using aquaphor like crazy. My skin just keeps peeling and peeling on my hands. In the beginning of all this my hands itched a lot, now they dont itch they are just looking really bad. will this heal, if so how long will it take for new skin to grow back? Heres a picture, dont worry its not gross. This is starting to scare me. I had eczema on my elbows years ago and this does not really look like eczema to me but I could be wrong. Help!

is there any way to get rid of all the dead skin to it doesnt look as bad?

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
(female)

bklyngurl27 HB User
Re: skin peeling like crazy on hands

Hi Kingneptune117,

I was wondering if you found out what was causing the skin peeling. My 11 year old son has the same problem and it's driving me crazy! It doesn't bother him at all. His doc said strep and gave him a 10 day course of Amoxicillian but it's day 6 and no change in the skin. It's still peeling like crazy. He had a high fever for one day but no other symptoms of strep. I'm worried that it might be something auto-immune.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
(female)

breadmanwifetob HB User
Re: skin peeling like crazy on hands

I have the same thing.. no itching however... this is what I was told it was...

Keratolysis exfoliativa is a common skin condition which most often affects the palms, but can develop on the soles of the feet. Presentation initially consists of the formation of blisters on the palms and/or fingers, which then burst. This leads to scaling and/or peeling, and exposed skin may experience dryness, redness and cracking, though it is rarely accompanied by pain. Exposure to irritants may aggravate the condition. The condition may also recur up to several weeks after healing.

Closed Thread