It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

skyler2011 HB User
HELP itchy skin

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=429858

I could not find the attachment to make this into a link. It is an older thread from 2006. I am having the same problem. It is so terrible I haven't had regular sleep all week. Now it is so bad I have not slept in 2 nights. Here is a quote from that thread in case the thread does not work

[QUOTE]Lately I have been very itchy when I'm on or in my bed. I believe it is my bed because I don't have that problem nearly as bad as when I'm in it. I recently moved into an apartment about 2 months ago and this started to happened a few weeks ago. It has just been getting worse as the days go by. I have tried many things but nothing has worked.

I do not have any signs of bitings or a rash, yet I keep feeling like something is biting or jumping on my skin. The feeling does not happen in any specific places while I'm on the bed. I do not see any bugs at all. If there are they are too small for me to see.

What I always have on:
- Mattress cover ( the non allergenic kind with a zipper)
- Pillow cover ( the non allergenic kind with a zipper)

What I have tried:
- I changed my detergent to a non toxic non allergenic soap.
- I washed everything over and over again.
- I have wiped down my bed cover with ammonia

What I have tried in the past (last summer) and it worked.. till now:
- I threw my bed out, my sheets, my pillows, everything and bought everything new.

Obviously I cannot do this again because it is too expensive. It certainly solved the problem but now its back.

Because I do not have any furniture, my bed is where I sit and relax. Now I can't even do that. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm going crazy and I'm feeling a little screwed. I cant afford to replace everything again... there has to be something else going on.

Any ideas? [/QUOTE]

I am even itchy right now as I writing this, not like at night just light tickles all over my body, It makes me feel sick. I need help so bad. I can;t find any answers. I have cleaned, sprayed, washed, dryed, layed it out in the sun, mattress, pillow, sheets, more than once. I can't take it anymore. I have to throw everything away and bomb the place that is the only option?

It sounds like dust mites but it is unbearable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
(female)

skyler2011 HB User
Unhappy Re: HELP itchy skin

Hello, bumping this thread. I hope someone can help.

I have washed my sheets/blankets/pillow 3 times, left them in the sun a couple days, had them sprayed with heavy duty insecticide, put a mattress cover and pillow cover on, cleaned my room, and I think that is about it. I am even in the laundry mat right now washing clothes and I'm going to stay in a hotel tonight.

It feels like I have tiny maggots crawling all over me at night. Suddenly in the middle of the night it starts burning so bad from itching. I can't get away from it. I haven't had steady sleep in over 4 nights but 4 nights have been super bad all in a row. They get in my mouth and ears and my whole body feels like it is laying in them. I Googled everything I could find and it says they must be dust mites. I guess I just have to throw everything away but I do not want them to come back. If I had a better idea of what they were I could make sure they don't.

They are microscopic so I can't see anything. They are invisible to the eye but they are a nightmare!! I really hope someone can give me some advice. I think I got them from sitting on a public couch were they offer free wifi. I went back there the other day and I could feel the same feeling as in my bed so I emailed the store owner. There must be someone who can recommend something.

Closed Thread