Small Itchy Water Blisters on my hands
HELP!!! I have this tiny (pin head sized) itchy raised welts on my hands that are filled with liquid. Several posts in the past have pointed to DYSHIDROTIC DERMATITIS but all the pictures of this that I have seen are not accurate at all for my condition. Here's what I think I know:
- contagious - I had a roomate in college that worked at a healthcare facility who came home one day complaining of these exact things on her hands. 4 of us lived in the same appartment. We ALL ended up with it within months.
- stress causes flare ups. - I've noticed this in emotionally stressful conditions (not neccessarily wringing hands). I've noticed this in heat related conditions.
- intermittent - they come and go. I went to Disney with the family and they came back with a vengence! They are worse than ever! But I hadn't had a flare up in about a year prior to this.
- gets worse if you scratch them. I don't really know if it's worse or just irritated
- My hands NEVER get dry and cracked. They NEVER peal the blisters. They NEVER bleed
- goes away in a week or two - depending on how much I scratch them
Here's what I don't think it is....
- NOT DYSHIDROTIC DERMATITIS - Doesn't look like any pictures I've seen
- NOT Prickly Heat - Doesn't look like it at all
- NOT ECZEMA - Just because it doesn't fit all the symptoms or ANY of the pictuers I've seen.
- NOT Psoriasis - It just doesn't look or describe anything like it.
BUT it is itchy and irritating!!! Any help is appreciated!