It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
(male)

blueballer HB User
Red Bumps/Foliculitus after Rough Sex!!

Hello! - Thank you for any help in advance!!

I have been seeing a girl where we started having sex for a few weeks with no issues. About 2 months ago after some really rough sex with lots of pubic grinding I developed red bumps (no puss or whiteheads) around hair folicles along my pubic bone, groin, balls and shaft -it spread to my lower abdomen in a few instances as well. I've been battling with it ever since and each time I thought it was healed we would have sex again and it would pop right back up. STD tests are clean and I've been to my general doctor and dermatologist multiple times now.

Not sure what to do since I have been on Cephalexin and Bactroban each time this infection re-occured. A biopsy came back benign and my dermatologist doesn't know what to think or diagnose saying the problem isn't sexually triggered even though it clearly is. Everytime I have sex with this girl, I get a recurring infection - period. (I haven't experimented to see if this infection will re-occur with a different partner). I have noticed she has very course and thicker pubic hair stubble than most women I've been with (likely causing too much friction and inviting bacteria into my skin when grinding). She was checked out by here Geinocologist and came back with normal/clean health. This is driving me insane and sucks because it is ruining my relationship with this person.

What creams would be good for after-sex use to prevent infection? I think this would be key. I already shower immediately after sex and twice daily with Dove soap which doesn't seem to help at all. I still get the recurring infection. I also tried Neutrogena Salycilic Acid body wash - no help. I also dry my groin and penis with a fan after showering and use Gold Bond powder along the balls and groin to help keep things dry when I know I'm not expecting any action down there. Clean towels and sheets are something I always use regardless.

Right now I'm starting to use Pro-Activ Benzoyl-Peroxide cream on the bumps as they appear since I figure they are kinda like acne of the body. Doesn't seem to do any better or worse at healing than Bactroban and is more convenient for now.

Any and all advice appreciated. I started taking fish oil as well to help promote healthy skin because I'm willing to try anything. My next hunch is to try salt water by going surfing since I've noticed ocean swimming has benefited my acne in the past (even though I know the ocean can be dirty but I'm willing to risk it -cant hurt). Also, I'm considering UV bed tanning because I know the sun and UV rays also help to clear up acne and I will go radioactive on this bacteria if I need to!!

-I need this infection DESTROYED!

Thank you for any advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
(male)

blueballer HB User
Re: Red Bumps/Foliculitus after Rough Sex!!

Any help? I started taking zinc, Vitamin E and Centrum for men to help fight from the inside out. Zinc seemed to have a positive effect but I still get a lingering spot now and again and haven't had sex since so I'm not entirely sure if I'm getting over it from the vitamins or it's just from not having sex. All advice appreciated.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
(male)

djsani8 HB User
Re: Red Bumps/Foliculitus after Rough Sex!!

It happened to me when I first started having sex (and lots of it) with my girlfriend. It was from the abrasion from her trimmed pubic hair onto my shaved pubic region. I thought it was some kind of an STD, but it soon faded--and I don't recommend applying medication on them. My advice is to have sex with less of a grinding motion between your tummys, or just hit it from the back!

Closed Thread