It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
(male)

hidalgo HB User
Weak capillaries !!!

Hello, I'm 25 yo male. recently (4-5 months) i noticed that i get small red dots (petechiae) on my fingers after squeezing them or applying any pressure (carrying a heavy object or the shopping bags, doing some push-ups,making a tight fist for a long time...etc).

tiny pinhead red spots appear immediately (under the skin) and they don't blanch with pressure. they fade away in a day or two. no itching or pain or anything. it looks like my capillaries can't take the pressure anymore and they pop up easily. i'm healthy otherwise except for mild essential hypertension. previously treated with hydrochlorothiazide and losartan and now the later discontinued assuming that it might be the cause (1 months ago) and only taking losartan 50mg daily. my BP is very well controlled i get it checked everyday. completely healthy otherwise. and i don't bleed easily or get any bruises in other places.
i had some labs done a month ago including (CBC, platlets, LFTs, PT, PTT, ESR). and everything was normal except that my bleeding times were only a few seconds prolonged but my doctor told me that this wouldn't be a reason for my symptoms.
he confirmed that this was "capillary fragility" but was clueless about what to do about it or what might be causing it ,but he said it's not something to worry about and it can be from medications or vitamin deficiency. but I'm still quite worried actually because i never had it before !!

anybody has the same issue?? what can i do about it?i've stopped one of my medications as per doctors orders and i've been taking vitamin c for a month and it's not getting better !!
clueless and horrified and i'm only 25

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread