It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

cdhxxx HB User
Post Something or just unlucky?

For years now, I get boils constantly on my upper sides, sort of in my underarm area, and on my thighs/inner thighs. I usually have two at any given time and have loads of scars from them.

I also have weird little 'hairs' that can be found all over...they're hard to describe, but they're like little groups of several hairs that slide out easily and painless when I pull on them with tweezers and are usually held together by something (kind of like a blackhead) They tend to be in more fatty parts of the body, mainly my breasts, but are also on my inner thighs, pubic area, underarms and my belly.

Speaking of blackheads, I have them everywhere, and that is not an overestimation. Every poor on my face looks like it's clogged, and I do have acne, but not as bad as some people (I guess kind of average) Very oily face and hair, but the rest of my body is too dry.

I'm also a little too hair for a female...none of it is thick or coarse, but it is dark. I have it on my face/cheeks/throat, back, stomach and chest.

I've tried showering more often...I don't normally once a day, it's usually more like every other or every two days because I don't do much but housework and maybe go to town a couple times a week. If I start showering too much, my skin just gets drier and irritated.

I also don't use many products, I use plain Dove bodywash, Purpose cleanser and aspirin on my face (any other type of exfoliater makes me break out more, and it's the only thing that really works since I haven't been able to afford Proactive anymore)...and Palmers cocoa butter when I do use lotion and only on my legs and arms.

I don't know if any of this is related or is caused by anything, but I hate it all, and it usually has me pretty depressed. I have no ideas for anything about how to treat these problems or even what to tell a doctor if I could afford to go to one.

The following user gives a hug of support to cdhxxx:
lobolee (07-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
(female)

lobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB User
Re: Something or just unlucky?

[QUOTE=cdhxxx;4799211]For years now, I get boils constantly on my upper sides, sort of in my underarm area, and on my thighs/inner thighs. I usually have two at any given time and have loads of scars from them.

I also have weird little 'hairs' that can be found all over...they're hard to describe, but they're like little groups of several hairs that slide out easily and painless when I pull on them with tweezers and are usually held together by something (kind of like a blackhead) They tend to be in more fatty parts of the body, mainly my breasts, but are also on my inner thighs, pubic area, underarms and my belly.

Speaking of blackheads, I have them everywhere, and that is not an overestimation. Every poor on my face looks like it's clogged, and I do have acne, but not as bad as some people (I guess kind of average) Very oily face and hair, but the rest of my body is too dry.

I'm also a little too hair for a female...none of it is thick or coarse, but it is dark. I have it on my face/cheeks/throat, back, stomach and chest.

I've tried showering more often...I don't normally once a day, it's usually more like every other or every two days because I don't do much but housework and maybe go to town a couple times a week. If I start showering too much, my skin just gets drier and irritated.

I also don't use many products, I use plain Dove bodywash, Purpose cleanser and aspirin on my face (any other type of exfoliater makes me break out more, and it's the only thing that really works since I haven't been able to afford Proactive anymore)...and Palmers cocoa butter when I do use lotion and only on my legs and arms.

I don't know if any of this is related or is caused by anything, but I hate it all, and it usually has me pretty depressed. I have no ideas for anything about how to treat these problems or even what to tell a doctor if I could afford to go to one.[/QUOTE]

You poor dear. It sounds like a hormone imbalance. I would go to an endocrinologist, dermatologist etc. Please let us know how you are doing.
Big hugs, lobolee

Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
(male)

ClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB User

yeah, sounds like a hormonal imbalance, but also sounds like some sort of folliculitis.

You should consult with a dermatologist for some advanced treatment.

I don;t recommend showering more often, it will only make your skin dry.

For your oily face and hair, you could try jojoba oil. It is the closest thing that matches our natural oil that sebaceous glands produce, so it trick them to stop producing so much oil. It is not expensive, but make sure it is 100% organic jojoba oil. Apply it on your face and scalp. it may feel weird in the beginning, but you will get used to it.

And hang in there... don't feel bad for this.. there are others with far worse problems than yours.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User

just wondering if you went to the doctor, I have a skin disease which causes boils in the groin, underarms, thighs, stomach, breast and sides. It's called hidradenitis suppurativa or HS for short. Not sure if thats what you have but you may want to look it up and see if it's anything like you have. Good Luck

Closed Thread