It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
(female)

CPhT10 HB User
Unhappy Help with Fine lines at age 20!!!!

Hey guys! i have a problem, i've got 3 lines on my forhead and i'm getting smile lines 2! and i just turned 20!!! i'm tryin to do something to head it off so it doesn't get worse and hopefully make them better. Any and all suggestions PLEASE!!! i really don't want to go with prescription stuff but i may hav to.........Please respond ASAP! Thanks! God Bless!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: CPhT10
ClearSkinRomy (07-27-2011), Nerdlie (07-27-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
(female)

Nerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB User
Re: Help with Fine lines at age 20!!!!

Am having the same problem. Just turned 20. Already have fine lines on forehead + beneath eyes. I smoked on and off for 5 years though, and used tanning beds for 1.5-2 years when I was quite young. Also was on a prescription retinol for years and used lots of super-drying acne treatments. All that can cause premature aging!!
Best thing I can recommend is Argan oil (try the Josie Maran line), some sort of antioxidant moisturizer (I like green tea facial moisturizer by Green Beaver - it's organic and high quality but quite cheap -- less than 15$ Canadian) and sunscreen (formulated specifically for the face)!!! All are great for preventing signs of aging, and the Argan oil is EXTREMELY regenerative.. fine lines disappear pretty quick with a couple weeks of use. Actually, after the first application your skin will look quite a bit smoother and supple -- if you get high quality Argan oil. Staying hydrated is important too!!
Also, premature aging can also be a sign of deeper issues -- liver problems, etc. but if you are in fine health (no other serious medical conditions) it is HIGHLY unlikely that's the problem.

Good luck =]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #3
(male)

ClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB User

[QUOTE=CPhT10;4807845]Hey guys! i have a problem, i've got 3 lines on my forhead and i'm getting smile lines 2! and i just turned 20!!! i'm tryin to do something to head it off so it doesn't get worse and hopefully make them better. Any and all suggestions PLEASE!!! i really don't want to go with prescription stuff but i may hav to.........Please respond ASAP! Thanks! God Bless![/QUOTE]

These lines are never a pleasure to look at

If you haven't protected your skin before, you should start now by ALWAYS applying a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Exposure to sun will get your skin to age the fastest (along with an unhealthy lifestyle, of course).

Sunscreen, Sunscreen, sunscreen.. and don;t use tanning beds! Also try to limit exposure to sun between 12pm and 4pm (during summer days).

Regarding some creams you may use, you can try the new lotions that have coffee berry extract. They are pretty new on the market and the coffee berry extract is one of the most powerful anti-oxidant.

it is proven that wrinkles are best removed with powerful anti-oxidants such as coffee berry extract. Other than this, green tea, vitamin E and C will also help you slow down and, to a certain point, even reverse the aging process.

Also, don't forget to hydrate yourself.. dehydration is also a cause of premature aging, so make sure you are drinking plenty of liquids each day.

Wish you a great day!

Romy

Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
(female)

CPhT10 HB User
Romy, i think part of my problem is that i have been goin to the tanning bed off and on since i was 15...... :-( i've finally realized that its not worth it. lol but thank you so much for the advice i will definitely take it to heart!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
(male)

ClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB User

[QUOTE=CPhT10;4809325]Romy, i think part of my problem is that i have been goin to the tanning bed off and on since i was 15...... :-( i've finally realized that its not worth it. lol but thank you so much for the advice i will definitely take it to heart![/QUOTE]

You're welcome, Cpht10

I was almost sure you used tanning beds.. all young girls use them not knowing the damage they cause to your skin...

Oh well. I am just glad you realized it now and not later ...

Wish you a great summer.. what's left of it

Cheers!

Closed Thread