It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
(male)

Relig HB User
*** Insect Bite or Boil ***

I have a place in between my big toe and 2nd toe. Its flip flop weather and Ive been doing some moving and stuff. When I first noticed the pain I just thought it was the thong part of the flip flop just rubbing the skin raw. Its very possible it could be a insect bite, but theres no swelling. Ive been keeping an eye on it, because if it was to swell up, obviously I would seek medical attention. As of right now I cant wear flip flops obviously and I walk with a noticeable limp, but its not like excruciating pain or anything. A spider bite would swell wouldnt it? The spot is about as big as a pencil eraser, but it doesnt protrude out as far as an eraser. My 2nd toe nor my 1st is swollen. I can take a pic if needed, but I was just trying to figure out what it is so I can take the next step as far as medication or lancing if I have to. Thanks for any input!

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
(male)

Relig HB User
Re: *** Insect Bite or Boil ***

A lot more painful than it looks

Last edited by moderator2; 07-25-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
(male)

Relig HB User

...Nothing?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Do you have fire ants where you are living? They bite and are nasty. The bite will have a little like whie crust on it that if you lance it, it will weep. Best thing for that is athletes foot cream...[/COLOR]

Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
(male)

Relig HB User

[QUOTE=ibake&pray;4808658][COLOR="Navy"]Do you have fire ants where you are living? They bite and are nasty. The bite will have a little like whie crust on it that if you lance it, it will weep. Best thing for that is athletes foot cream...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Can you see the pics I posted?

Also yea I lanced it with a needle and it was weeping blood with couple specs of white here and there. Im in Oklahoma and Im sure Ive been where fire ants are, but I figured I would have already been bitten. Would I not feel gettin bit? Would it be comparable to like the feeling of a wasp sting?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Not as bad as a bee sting, more like being stuck with a needle. I would soar your foot in epsom salts and warm water, then i would put hydrocortizone cream or antibiotic cream on it and cover it with a bandaid-a really cool one works best my GS tells me...but he is only 4.

No, the pics didn't post. Good luck[/COLOR]

Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
(male)

Relig HB User

I will soak it it warm salt water. Will Neosporin work?

Last edited by moderator2; 07-26-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments, not as links

Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

[COLOR="Navy"]Sure will! good luck.[/COLOR]

Closed Thread