It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

yellowdaisy HB User
Swelling on the side on my nose

Hello,

I'm a 59 year old woman who is in the healing stages after applying Carac to my entire face for 21 days to combat precancerous cells. Prior to this treatment, I had noticed maybe for the past 3-4 years a slight skin-toned swelling on one side of my nose, front part near the nostril, above the "flared part", maybe 1/2 inch long, NOT round ~ more linear if anything. Sorry, I know that's a lot to visualize. Okay, here's the gross part. If I put my finger inside my nose in that general area, I can feel a little bump almost like a pimple that is slightly tender. These two things, the little bump inside and the swelling outside combine to make that nostril more narrow than the other one. The outside swelling was skin-toned and not really noticeable, so it never really bothered me.

After finishing 21 days on the Carac, the dermatologist instructed me to apply a steroid ointment to the skin to help it heal. (Carac, if you don't know, basically burns any affected skin right off and you are left with new, tender skin underneath that needs to heal). This area with the swelling did not really react much to the Carac, but when I applied the steroid ointment to the area, this swelling turned red and sore and subsequently bled a little from a few tiny bubbles that erupted on it.

About 5 days later now, it is still reddish. It's not sore anymore. However, the fact that it's now a little red makes it far more noticeable that there's a little swelling on that side of my nose.

Any ideas? I went in to see the dermatologist about it when it bled, but I had to see someone very new who just put me on an antibiotic and didn't venture any guess as to what it is. I think it's too long-standing and not painful enough to be a boil. And not round enough. Could it be a cyst?

Thanks for reading this very detailed message! Any input would be so appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread